multi-mono reverb plugin

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

multi-mono reverb plugin

Post by funkmuscle »

hey y'all, do we have a multi-mono reverb plugin for Linux?
ssj71
Established Member

Re: multi-mono reverb plugin

Post by ssj71 »

I've never heard of multi-mono but after some duckduckgoing, looks like you could do it by using the pin dialog and 2 instances of any reverb plugin in ardour or (this way probably will make it easier to organize in the project) have 2 busses each with a reverb and then use pins to send just L to 1 and just R to the other. So with that any mono reverb could be a multi-mono. Though TBH I don't know of any mono-reverbs, but there are probably some that you can disable the L<->R blend which then makes it multi-mono too without the whole signal routing jazz. I'm not 100% clear if mutli-mono wants different settings for left and right or just no blend between left and right.

Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

ssj71 wrote:I've never heard of multi-mono but after some duckduckgoing, looks like you could do it by using the pin dialog and 2 instances of any reverb plugin in ardour or (this way probably will make it easier to organize in the project) have 2 busses each with a reverb and then use pins to send just L to 1 and just R to the other. So with that any mono reverb could be a multi-mono. Though TBH I don't know of any mono-reverbs, but there are probably some that you can disable the L<->R blend which then makes it multi-mono too without the whole signal routing jazz. I'm not 100% clear if mutli-mono wants different settings for left and right or just no blend between left and right.

Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?
here is where I got the idea from
https://youtu.be/XIkii9fF2Sg?t=249
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

After studying that YouTube video a few more times, I'm at the conclusion that a multi mono Reverb is just a basic Reverb that's in mono with different settings like Halls, rooms, plates and so on. I think Pro Tools I think is the company that came up with it or Avid or whatever they're called got fancy by calling it multi mono but I just think it's a Reverb plug-in that's mono.
Yes I think most of the suggestions you guys gave there kind of goes along with what the producer in the video was describing or at least to get the outcome. Thanks a lot guys!