[SOLVED] The Lush Life (InfamousPlugins)

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Joermungand
Established Member

Re: The Lush Life (InfamousPlugins)

Post by Joermungand »

funkmuscle wrote:I've done one of Qtractor and both git and official repo version freezes at add plugin
A plugin causing such freeze is not unheard of. It’s happened to me before. But that was a few years ago. Detecting and removing the culprit sorted it out for me.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Joermungand wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:I've done one of Qtractor and both git and official repo version freezes at add plugin
A plugin causing such freeze is not unheard of. It’s happened to me before. But that was a few years ago. Detecting and removing the culprit sorted it out for me.
except it's when I click 'add plugin'. no plugin selected yet.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Joermungand wrote:OK, guys, I might be on to something here. I tried the plugin on my laptop (an old, rather crappy machine with a very crude Arch install, very few programs, etc.), just to see if I could repeat Spencer’s result. It kept crashing with the AUR version. Then I thought I should try the latest stable release from git, compiled and installed it manually. AND IT WORKS! In both Ardour and Jalv. So whatever causes the segfault must be related to the changes between the latest stable and now.
funkmuscle wrote:it maybe just the LushLife that's the issue as I can launch other infamousplugins.
I could launch all other plugins, too.
funkmuscle wrote:must be something with Arch as I'm having issues with Qtractor for sometime now.. It freezes when loading a plugin. I click on plugin and that program freezes..
I’ve rebuilt both QTractor and Ardour from git for these tests and had no problem with plugins whatsoever.
just finished rebuilding Ardour from git, it gets further trying to load LushLife but then crashes.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

ok, deleted everything to do with Qtractor including it's config file. and rebuild from git.. LushLife working now.
Going to do the same now with Ardour.
Joermungand
Established Member

Post by Joermungand »

funkmuscle wrote:
Joermungand wrote:
That’s what I was talking about, too. It was when scanning for plugins that it froze. Didn’t get to select any.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Joermungand wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
Joermungand wrote: A plugin causing such freeze is not unheard of. It’s happened to me before. But that was a few years ago. Detecting and removing the culprit sorted it out for me.
That’s what I was talking about, too. It was when scanning for plugins that it froze. Didn’t get to select any.
Ardour and jalv.select still will not load the lush life but will load the other infamous.
ssj71
Established Member

Post by ssj71 »

Sorry, I'm a little confused, rebuilding ardour makes it work or rebuilding lush life?

I don't know if there's anything that could be learned from comparing the x42 fat1 plugins pkgbuild to infamous, or maybe we could compare whatever dependencies versions I have on my Arch install here to what you guys have?

If you guys could help me come up with a recipe to reproduce the issue, I might be able to add a workaround for whatever this dependency weirdness is that's going on.

I really want you guys to do great things with lush life. :-)
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!
rncbc
Established Member

Post by rncbc »

Joermungand wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:
Joermungand wrote: A plugin causing such freeze is not unheard of. It’s happened to me before. But that was a few years ago. Detecting and removing the culprit sorted it out for me.
re. qtractor freezing on plugin scan discovery:

most of the time that kind of freezing is due to some rouge native linux VST plugin laying dormant in the wild... most often than not, the bummer is some old juce-based culprit...

try one or all of these:
1. when searching for LV2 plugins, set the plugin type exactly to "LV2" and only; please avoid "(Any)" at all costs.
2. check that View > Options... > Plugins > Experimental > Dummy VST plugin scan is ON.
3. in the same options dialog, check that LV2 Dynamic Manifest support is OFF.
4. if it still keeps freezing on plugin scan, then you're left to the last resort: (re)move away the configuration file (~/.config/rncbc.org/Qtractor.conf).
and try all over again :)

hth.
cheers
Joermungand
Established Member

Post by Joermungand »

ssj71 wrote:Sorry, I'm a little confused, rebuilding ardour makes it work or rebuilding lush life?

I don't know if there's anything that could be learned from comparing the x42 fat1 plugins pkgbuild to infamous, or maybe we could compare whatever dependencies versions I have on my Arch install here to what you guys have?

If you guys could help me come up with a recipe to reproduce the issue, I might be able to add a workaround for whatever this dependency weirdness is that's going on.

I really want you guys to do great things with lush life. :-)
OK, I sorted it out eventually. The issue had nothing to do with either the host or the Arch dependencies. It was all about makepkg’s custom build flags – all plugins worked when I manually compiled and installed (irrespective of the git version) them but lush failed when installed using the PKGBUILD in AUR; overriding makepkg’s custom build flags did the trick. I’ve updated the PKGBUILD to disallow them so all should work fine now.

funkmuscle, could you give the PKGBUILD a spin, see how it works for you?
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

@Joermungand, that did it man.. fixed and back in business!! :D

thanx guys.
Joermungand
Established Member

Post by Joermungand »

funkmuscle wrote:@Joermungand, that did it man.. fixed and back in business!! :D

thanx guys.
Great!
ssj71
Established Member

Post by ssj71 »

Thanks so much Joermungand! And Funkmuscle for reporting and getting this started!
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

ssj71 wrote:Thanks so much Joermungand! And Funkmuscle for reporting and getting this started!
Thanx Spencer for the great plugins.
Joermungand
Established Member

Post by Joermungand »

ssj71 wrote:Thanks so much Joermungand! And Funkmuscle for reporting and getting this started!
It was in my jurisdiction, anyway, so I had to solve it.Thank you, Spencer, for the plugins!