How to use KlangFalter

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Michael Willis
Established Member

How to use KlangFalter

Post by Michael Willis »

I'm trying to use KlangFalter. I installed it succesfully from the KXStudio repos, added it as a plugin in Ardour, and opened up its GUI.

When I try to load impulses (that I downloaded from http://www.samplicity.com/download/ and http://legacy.spa.aalto.fi/projects/poririrs/), the part of the interface that is supposed to show the impulse response is empty, and the sound comes out completely dry. I see on KlangFalter's github page a screenshot that shows a graphical representation of the impulse response, so I'm assuming it's failing to load the files?

I made sure to try to load impulse files with the same sample rate as my session (48 khz, and I tried both 24 bit and 32 bit samples)

Is there some step I'm missing?
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: How to use KlangFalter

Post by sysrqer »

Are you using the vst or lv2 version? I noticed the same thing in the vst version but haven't got around to opening a bug report.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Are you using the vst or lv2 version? I noticed the same thing in the vst version but haven't got around to opening a bug report.
Nice catch! I am using the VST, I'll have to try the LV2 version later today. Thanks!
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

You may also try this :)
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16685
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Blah, Ardour refuses to load KlangFalter LV2:

Code: Select all

[WARNING]: Ignoring LV2 plugin "KlangFalter" because its buffer-size requirements cannot be satisfied.
I was able to load it in Carla, and it sounds great, but as I'm trying to make an orchestral template that I can easily share with others, I'd like to keep it self-contained as an Ardour project.

I might try the one in LSP Plugins, sadko4u. It would be nice if those plugins were in a repo somewhere (ideally KXStudio). Installing it locally isn't much trouble, but I'd like to keep the dependencies as simple as possible, to reduce barriers to other people using my template.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

Since in 1.0.20 release there is notification dialog that reminds that LSP Plugins is a donationware, I think we can reach an agreement with falkTX to provide packages for KXStudio. The main problem currently is that mostly not all sources are published in the network. By the other side, falkTX has an access to the source code repository as the result of debugging interaction between LSP Plugins and Carla, but has no rights to publish source code. I think if falkTX is ready to provide only binaries for LSP plugins, we can integrate LSP Plugins into KXStudio.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Ah yeah I forgot about that issue. That's me if the reasons some of us suggested a convolution plugin when asked what we are lacking.