MY STUDIO "TEAM" ISN'T TALKING TO EACH OTHER!

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

AriSongBird

MY STUDIO "TEAM" ISN'T TALKING TO EACH OTHER!

Post by AriSongBird »

Please excuse this lengthy post. My apologies.

I am new to Linux after my Mac Book Pro died, and a dear friend bought me a PC laptop with Linux on it—which was very kind and I am very grateful! Now, I am on the exhaustive Linux learning curve. However, I am not new to Midi (at least, I didn't think I was). The problem I am having is that my “team” (Korg Triton ProX Workstation and my computer) are not communicating. Ugh!… I am using LMMS and MuseScore (also new to me, as I used older versions of Finale and Voyetra Digital Orchestrator) and the two programs (LMMS and MS) seem to think the Triton doesn't exist. Also, the Triton is 10 years old and the connection is the standard three port Midi. I have an adapter (Midi to USB Cable) but I'm thinking I'm missing something. I'm trying to download Korg Midi Drivers which Linux doesn't seem to recognize, either straight on or through WINE… Help, please.

Thanks,
Ari
Pablo
Established Member

Re: MY STUDIO "TEAM" ISN'T TALKING TO EACH OTHER!

Post by Pablo »

Hi and welcome to LM!
Don't lose your time trying to install windows drivers to a Linux computer. Wine won't help.
So, before looking at LMMS or Musescore, if you open a terminal window what is the output of the following informative command?

Code: Select all

arecordmidi -l && aplaymidi -l
Edit: You said the KORG Triton is connected to the MIDI to USB adapter, right?
Then you don't need a driver for the KORG Triton, what you need is that Linux supports the adapter.
Many of those work out the box but, could you post also the output of

Code: Select all

lsusb
to see how Linux identifies the MIDI to USB adapter?

Of course, run the above commands after you have connected everything like you think it should work