new (LV2) Analogue Bass Pre Amp Simulation

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

Re: new (LV2) Analogue Bass Pre Amp Simulation

Post by tramp »

gimmeapill wrote:For the lazies on Arch Linux, I just made a pkgbuild that gets all the new simulations at once:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gx-lv2-git/

Cheers,

LX
Hi

I guess your pkgbuild didn't match the development any more. Most of the plugs comes with GUI's now, and therefore needs GTK2+-dev .
Some of the plugs you've included in the package, I would consider as "not ready for distribution", and maybe I delete them any time soon. I appreciate feedback on those as well, for now, but, I would prefer to see them excluded from such a package bundle.
That are:

GxOverDriver.lv2.
GxPushPull.lv2.
GxToneMender.lv2
GxVBassPreAmp.lv2
GxOsMutantes.lv2

regards
hermann
On the road again.
gimmeapill
Established Member

Post by gimmeapill »

Hi Hermann,

Oops, you're right - pkgbuild updated (and removed the effects not ready for prime time).
If the bundling is an issue, let me know and I'll split the packages - I just found it more convenient for myself (although I didn't have a chance to actually try them properly yet).

LX
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

I noticed this a while back, but wanted to be able to reproduce it 1st and have. What happens is this, if i raise the mid and/or treble beyond their default values, over time in the session, noise will begin to build, persist and can't be controlled. Should this be a normal by product of that action?

Thanks again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Hi

No, that's sounds like a dc overflow in the circuit, when the highpass blend off. I notice that as well, and that's why I ask gimmeapill to remove this one from the arch package script and mark it as not ready. I need to calculate a dc blocker for this circuit.
So thanks for the reminder, I'll push a fix for that, and a proper GUI, after the weekend. :)

regards
hermann
On the road again.
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

I notice that as well, and that's why I ask gimmeapill to remove this one from the arch package script and mark it as not ready.
Oooops. Totally missed it. :oops:

Have a great weekend! :D
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

carlv wrote:Oooops. Totally missed it. :oops:
No problem, that drives me to work again on it a bit, lately. :)
carlv wrote:Have a great weekend! :D
Thanks, you to.
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

tramp wrote:So thanks for the reminder, I'll push a fix for that, and a proper GUI, after the weekend. :)
Okay, done, add a dc-blocker to avoid the noise overflow, and add a GUI:

The power switch is a true bypass, which provide click-free bypassing of the plug.
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

carlv wrote:I noticed this a while back, but wanted to be able to reproduce it 1st and have. What happens is this, if i raise the mid and/or treble beyond their default values, over time in the session, noise will begin to build, persist and can't be controlled. Should this be a normal by product of that action?
I was now able to locate this problem in the circuit, and, really fix it. :)
On the road again.
Frank Carvalho
Established Member

Post by Frank Carvalho »

Hi

I uploaded a preset bank called "VoxBeatleMysteryPreset" for the GxVmk2 + GxSuppaTonebender to musical-artifacts.com. It is a take on classic fab four guitar tone from the 1966-68 era, when they played through amps with a solid state preamp. This preamp has been modelled by Tramp in the GxVmk2 plugin, except the fuzz section, which therefore requires the GxSuppaTonebender plugin to sound right. There is a copy of the preset here:
http://www.etcetera-music.eu/public/ins ... sic/Vox.gx.
As this preset bank is voiced to be an effects unit to be placed in front of a real amp, it requires an additional cab emulation if you want to play it through a monitor system, or it will sound very shrill. I suggest a 2x12 or 4x12 cab. Also input gain should be adjusted to achieve the right kind of breaking up of the fuzz.

/Frank
Vox, Selmer, Yamaha and Leslie amplifiers. Rickenbacker, Epiphone, Ibanez, Washburn, Segovia, Yamaha and Fender guitars. Hammond, Moog, Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Crumar, Ensoniq and Mellotron keyboards. Xubuntu+KXStudio recording setup.