screcord.lv2

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

tramp
Established Member

screcord.lv2

Post by tramp »

a simple Lv2 capture plugin

Include a mono and a stereo capture plugin.
using libsndfile http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/
save audio stream to wav / ogg

https://github.com/brummer10/screcord.lv2
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Re: screcord.lv2

Post by tramp »

. . . and now included in guitarix as well:

http://sourceforge.net/p/guitarix/blog/
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

... and now, it have a little LV2 UI as well:
On the road again.
Rodney
Established Member

Post by Rodney »

Nice! I definitely need that to record new ideas, much easier than opening a DAW to record, thanks a lot brummer!
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Do you load this into Carla? Or is there some way to run an lv2 plugin without a host? I guess I've only ever used an lv2 plugin inside of a DAW, and obviously it wouldn't make much sense to have an audio recording plugin living inside of a DAW track. This plugin looks useful, but how do I use it?
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Yes, Carla is a good example for were it could be useful.

I'm often (most of the time) using jalv.select to run LV2 plugins. I patched them in qjackctl as if it been stand-alone's. So I'm using the modularity of jack.
I know, sounds a bit old-school this day's, were monolithic DAW's dominate the scene , but, that's what I'm used to use.
So, when you just run a synth with jalv, to improvise a bit, or just play a bit with your guitar, you could easily record your session be putting screcord in the path instead open a DAW project. I've you like, you could later import it into your DAW.

PS. beside the VU-meter it have a clipping indicator to help you avoid clipping.
On the road again.
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Thanks, I will definitely try this. I think a minimalist option will come in handy here and there.
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Post by AlexTheBassist »

milo wrote:I think a minimalist option will come in handy here and there.
One of the few real use cases I came up with is putting it into a MOD guitar processor. This is pretty handy when you want to capture something you just wrote right at the rehearsal place. And the cool thing about it is that you can skip certain effects like delays and reverbs just by putting this plugin before them, which isn't possible with any other multi FX pedal or rack unit. I think mr. tramp should port it to MOD as soon as it's possible to enable that killer feature.
Being creative does not imply being lazy, stupid, or illiterate.

Working in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour on KDE Neon + KXStudio.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Running screcord on the MOD isn't a issue, (I still use it on mine), just, the MOD didn't provide file handling, so, to make use out of it you've to ssh into the MOD and copy the files over to your PC. That isn't very user friendly. As soon the MOD provide a file handling interface (IR-files comes in mind. . . ) I'll provide screcord to the MOD. Other then that, the only option I see to make it useful on the MOD is, record to a plugged USB stick. So you could record your hole session and check later what you want to use, without overload the storage of the MOD.
On the road again.
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Post by AlexTheBassist »

tramp wrote:the only option I see to make it useful on the MOD is, record to a plugged USB stick. So you could record your hole session and check later what you want to use, without overload the storage of the MOD.
That's exactly what I meant.
Being creative does not imply being lazy, stupid, or illiterate.

Working in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour on KDE Neon + KXStudio.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

AlexTheBassist wrote:
tramp wrote:the only option I see to make it useful on the MOD is, record to a plugged USB stick. So you could record your hole session and check later what you want to use, without overload the storage of the MOD.
That's exactly what I meant.
Yes, but unfortunately the MOD didn't support auto-mount for USB sticks. Currently you've to ssh into the MOD and mount it by yourself. That makes it impossible for a plugin to detect if a stick is mounted ( given that there is no defined path to lock for).
I've talked with falktx (who does the core development for the MOD) and he told me that this feature is not to be expected to be supported soon.
However, screcord is ready to do so, as soon the MOD support it.
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

Necrose bump!

Look how old this is. :lol:
However, file handling on the MOD is implemented since some time, and so is screcord. Why I bump here is because I've just implemented a 4 channel recorder next to the mono and stereo one. Maybe that will be useful for the one or the other here.
The Quad-Recorder will record 4 channels interleaved wav or ogg format files which been supported by Audacity or Ardour for example. That allow you to rework any channel separately later on.

On the road again.