How can I use LMMS plugins in Ardour?

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

leokin
Established Member

How can I use LMMS plugins in Ardour?

Post by leokin »

I have Ardour 3.3.1 running in Ubuntu Studio Release 12.04 (precise) 64-bit.

Is it possible to somehow record my guitar using some of the special effects found in Linux Multimedia Studio? :?:
LMMS presets end with file extension *.xiz
autostatic
Established Member

Re: How can I use LMMS plugins in Ardour?

Post by autostatic »

leokin wrote:Is it possible to somehow record my guitar using some of the special effects found in Linux Multimedia Studio? :?:
.xiz files are ZynAddSubFX instruments and you should be able to use those in Ardour with the ZynAddSubFX DSSI or LV2 plug-in. I'm not sure about LMMS' special effects, could you point out which effects you want to use with your guitar? Iirc LMMS uses LADSPA plug-ins internally so you should be able to use those in Ardour too.
leokin
Established Member

Post by leokin »

leokin wrote:I have Ardour 3.3.1 running in Ubuntu Studio Release 12.04 (precise) 64-bit.
AutoStatic wrote:
leokin wrote:Is it possible to somehow record my guitar using some of the special effects found in Linux Multimedia Studio? :?:
.xiz files are ZynAddSubFX instruments and you should be able to use those in Ardour with the ZynAddSubFX DSSI or LV2 plug-in. I'm not sure about LMMS' special effects, could you point out which effects you want to use with your guitar? Iirc LMMS uses LADSPA plug-ins internally so you should be able to use those in Ardour too.
In LMMS I do this:
<LMMS> > My Presets > ZynAddSubFX >ReedAndWind > Breathy1.xiz
(or) ReedAndWind > [various chorus plugins]
leokin
Established Member

Post by leokin »

(addendum) I will try to see if those effects are listed in Ardour as you instructed. Thank you sir!