OpenAV Productions: Sorcer

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

autostatic
Established Member

Re: OpenAV Productions: Sorcer

Post by autostatic »

Yup. Done, uploaded new source packages.
aprzekaz
Established Member

Post by aprzekaz »

Looks cool but won't work for me. I first tried to download it from Github then run the shell. After that it showed up in carla with no name. When I try to run it I get Error........cannot open shared obeject file No such file or directory. Then I got the KX studio team repostories and updated but I still get the same Error in Carla. I still dont have the hang of this stuff.
aprzekaz
Established Member

Post by aprzekaz »

Nope still not working. I feel like i must have messed something up. :oops: I get this in the Carla log
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

I've seen that one too and that was probably because I had references left to a version of Sorcer I compiled from source. So like falkTX said, you have to remove all existing references to Sorcer if you built it yourself.
aprzekaz
Established Member

Post by aprzekaz »

I can't find anything there or anywhere on my computer. What name might it have?
danboid
Established Member

Post by danboid »

Hi Harry!

Thanks for the synth, which I've only just got round to trying today! It looks like it could be good fun but I seem to be having heap prob.

1 - Under qtractor 0.5.10, qtr crashes as soon as I close the sorcer window. It doesn't do this under A3.3 so maybe its a qtr bug?

2 - The sample and session load/save buttons don't seem to do anything

3 - I'm sure Autostatic mentioned presets but I don't see any, unless thats what session load would do if it worked?

I'm using the sorcer package from the KX PPAs under KXStudio AMD64
harryhaaren
Established Member

Post by harryhaaren »

danboid wrote: 1 - Under qtractor 0.5.10, qtr crashes as soon as I close the sorcer window. It doesn't do this under A3.3 so maybe its a qtr bug?

2 - The sample and session load/save buttons don't seem to do anything

3 - I'm sure Autostatic mentioned presets but I don't see any, unless thats what session load would do if it worked?

I'm using the sorcer package from the KX PPAs under KXStudio AMD64
1. The segfault on close issue is due to build flags, this commit has fixed it: https://github.com/harryhaaren/openAV-S ... 8efc74db6c
2. Indeed they don't. Currently an LV2 plugin cannot initiante a preset save / load. I can remove the buttons if you like?
3. Presets are available in my presets repository: just download as a .zip, and then move them to ~/.lv2 and they'll be found. https://github.com/harryhaaren/openAV-presets

Hope that fixes those :) -Harry
danboid
Established Member

Post by danboid »

Hi Harry!

1 - Looks like I'll have to prod F/Autostatic to update the KX package but I'll wait a bit to see if you fix prob #2..

2 - Yes, I'd remove them so other people don't think they're broke too!

3- Thanks - will try them out soon!
harryhaaren
Established Member

Post by harryhaaren »

danboid wrote:Hi Harry!
1 - Looks like I'll have to prod F/Autostatic to update the KX package but I'll wait a bit to see if you fix prob #2..
2 - Yes, I'd remove them so other people don't think they're broke too!
3- Thanks - will try them out soon!
1. Buttons remove fix pushed: https://github.com/harryhaaren/openAV-S ... be4dcfc68c
2. Done :)
3. You're welcome!
Cheers, -Harry
danboid
Established Member

Post by danboid »

Good work Harry!

Thanks for dropping the decept-icons! (they were the bad guys in Transformers, right? How appropriate for a dubstep synth!)

:)
harryhaaren
Established Member

Post by harryhaaren »

falkTX wrote:@harryhaaren:
Please consider doing bugfix releases of your synths.
This month is KXStudio's release month (I hope), and I want to have everything updated. It's just hard or impossible to track every project git repo for backports...

thanks!
Thanks for the note FalkTX, indeed I can announce them: both here and on the LAU mailing list. -Harry
harryhaaren
Established Member

Post by harryhaaren »

Hey,

OpenAV is releasing Sorcer 1.1! Upgraded features such as a compressor and output level provide better feedback in an all new NTK based UI! Existing presets are remain unchanged: the compressor is off by default.

Packagers will be happy to know that Sorcer now uses Make, so packaging should be easier.

Details available on http://openavproductions.com/sorcer

Cheers, -Harry
tatch
Established Member

Post by tatch »

nice! Out of curiosity, what gui toolkit did it use before and what difference does NTK make?
harryhaaren
Established Member

Post by harryhaaren »

tatch wrote:nice! Out of curiosity, what gui toolkit did it use before and what difference does NTK make?
Hey tatch!

The GUI toolkit is called NTK, details here http://non.tuxfamily.org/wiki/NTK.
Its based on FLTK, but allows using Cairo graphics to draw on it: http://www.cairographics.org/
So what I've done is made a collection of widgets, which I call AVTK http://openavproductions.com/avtk/.
AVTK is made up of NTK widgets, using Cairo to do the actual drawing.

The tools work very well together, NTK is fast and light, while cairo is fast and expressive.
Together with some preset widgets, its really fast to build user-interfaces.
For example building the entire Sorcer 1.1 UI took me about 8 hours:
that includes testing (very time consuming) and making the screenshots and posting it all online.

I'm pretty happy with that :D
Cheers, -Harry
dednikko
Established Member

Post by dednikko »

harryhaaren,

First of all, as a supporter, thank you for keeping the plugins moving forward! I have a couple of questions.

How can a compiling newbie like me get the latest version of your software? Is there a great reason for requiring me to compile, as opposed to using lv2create to give us a simpler install process?

Also, what is this Luppp about? At a glance it appears to be like a plugin based upon the loop triggers in Ableton Live. Is that accurate?
Think like a gun.