U-He Beatzille for free!

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

barbouze
Established Member

U-He Beatzille for free!

Post by barbouze »

Beatzille was commissioned by German music tech magazine Beat especially for their readers i.e. it is only available on Beat magazine’s own cover DVDs, not from u-he or any of our resellers.
-> source: U-He.com

Check this link to Beat Magazine facebook page (in german) and/or this post in KVR (in englilsh) to know why it is free, then grab it here. The archive contains Win/Mac/Linux vst :D
Luc
Established Member

Re: U-He Beatzille for free!

Post by Luc »

Thank you! :-)
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Thanks a lot, I hadn't heard about this one.
saturnine

Post by saturnine »

Did you get this running on linux? I installed it following the given instructions but I cannot find an executable file anywhere. Just these .so-files in .u-he-folder in my home directory.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

saturnine wrote:Did you get this running on linux? I installed it following the given instructions but I cannot find an executable file anywhere. Just these .so-files in .u-he-folder in my home directory.
Run the script that comes with it, it will create a symlink in ~/.vst
rghvdberg
Established Member

Post by rghvdberg »

saturnine wrote:Did you get this running on linux? I installed it following the given instructions but I cannot find an executable file anywhere. Just these .so-files in .u-he-folder in my home directory.
It's a vst plug in. No stand alone.
saturnine

Post by saturnine »

Thanks. I read some stuff on the issue of vst's and now I'm deeply embarrased that I asked. :lol: Oh the noobism..
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

Obligatory comment that proprietary software that is distributed free of change is still unethical. Let's keep it free.
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

Talking about proprietary software in a thread about proprietary software is not offtopic. If people were truly concerned, they would not advertise a proprietary software. I'm just doing my part.
barbouze
Established Member

Post by barbouze »

They (U-He) create high quality plugins, release some as freebies, and are one of the few companies to bother with Linux support. I can't see a reason to be angry... :roll:
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

FaTony wrote:Talking about proprietary software in a thread about proprietary software is not offtopic. If people were truly concerned, they would not advertise a proprietary software. I'm just doing my part.
Shitposting in every thread that mentions non-free software isn't going to change anything, it just annoys us and makes you look like a petulant child.
sadko4u
Established Member

Post by sadko4u »

sysrqer wrote:Shitposting in every thread that mentions non-free software isn't going to change anything, it just annoys us and makes you look like a petulant child.
Aggree, that looks out really annoying, like the teenage person just got familiar with FLOSS.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

Well, I would love to move to the community that completely rejects proprietary software and to stop visiting this forum. Too bad there's no such community that I'm aware of. Even LibreMusicProduction has LinuxSampler on their site.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

FaTony wrote:Well, I would love to move to the community that completely rejects proprietary software and to stop visiting this forum. Too bad there's no such community that I'm aware of. Even LibreMusicProduction has LinuxSampler on their site.
This is 'Linux Musicians' not 'Libre Linux Musician's'

Linux Audio folks obviously can celebrate the great achievements that have been brought to us by FLOSS and people like you who use only FLOSS should certainly be welcomed and respected here. Of course there is also a growing number of excellent Closed Source Commercial Linux apps and a growing number of people who enjoy using them and combining them with FLOSS who also call this forum home and they are also to be welcomed and respected because THIS forum represents ALL of us together.

You are completely entitled to use what works for you and supports your own choices and beliefs but it is poor etiquette to continue to post your ideologies in threads pertaining to software applications that fall outside of FLOSS and therefore not of topical relevance to you.
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

I and Free Software Foundation have the mission to promote free software and to educate people that proprietary software is an injustice and they should stop using it. Maybe I'm just dumb and haven't found a better way to promote free software and denounce proprietary software that posting in a proprietary software threads. FYI, I was permabanned on almost all forums that deal with proprietary software precisely because people were annoyed of me. That didn't change my position in the slightest.