ir lv2 plugin

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

CraigPid
Established Member

ir lv2 plugin

Post by CraigPid »

I came across an issue this summer that the unique id of the ir plugin had been changed from the factorial url to the tomszilagyi url. I updated my Ardour projects so that they would be able to find the plugin. Now I sometimes load my projects on my wife's computer that has Mint 18.1 with the Kx repos. It seems that KX is sticking with the older (or other?) version, I assume to maintain compatibility with peoples older projects. I tried to build ir from source and I get the error "zita-convolver.h not found". It is installed in /opt/kxstudio. I also tried building zita-convolver and the error was "fftw3.h not found". That is also installed in /opt/kxstudio.
Am I missing something here. I have another computer with Mint 18.1 and Kx. Pretty much the exact same configuration and I can build ir without a hiccup.
Also I'm curious if the plan is for KX to stick with the factorial ID for the IR plugin.
CraigPid
Established Member

Re: ir lv2 plugin

Post by CraigPid »

Maybe I should have looked into this more. I see that you can still get the source for the one with the factorial id. Maybe I will have to keep the KX version on my Mint computers and build the factorial version on my Arch computer.
finotti
Established Member

Post by finotti »

This does not address your problem at all (sorry), but FWIW, ir.lv2 has been pretty problematic to me also. I've been using LSP for more elaborate set ups and x42's convolution plugin for simpler set ups. (In case you did not know them...)
CraigPid
Established Member

Post by CraigPid »

I wasn't aware of those convolution plugins. Thank you. I haven't used IR in quite a while but I do have some older projects that I used it in.
bluebell
Established Member

Post by bluebell »

There is also Klangfalter, contained in the DISTRHO-ports collection.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

CraigPid
Established Member

Post by CraigPid »

I guess my idea of building the factorial version on Arch is a problem because you have to downgrade zita-convolver which causes Ardour to not start.