Carla and LS16

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

alex stone
Established Member

Carla and LS16

Post by alex stone »

I've been loading quite a few instances of the DSSI plugin LS16 in Carla, and it seems to hold up ok, but i have a problem with the controls in the generic UI.

The parameters come up ok, and i can see the ones i want, being volume controls for channels 1-16.

The problem is the volume control seems to be a switch, not a slider with variable value, even though it looks that way in the UI. When i assign a CC to a channel with the intent of using a slider on my midi controller, the volume is either on or off, no variable. At #CC value 0, the volume is off, and anything above that is full on, at CC value 127.

Is there something obvious i'm missing here?

Alex.
alex stone
Established Member

Re: Carla and LS16

Post by alex stone »

Carla version came with AVlinux, i'm not in the house at the moment so i can't check.

But the problem with the Linuxsampler version in Carla is patches are loaded singly, which means i'd have hundreds of them. Last time i tried, Carla started getting wobbly around 60.

If you can point me to another way of using lots of libs in carla then i'm all ears.

And the problem is still the same. The generic UI only does on/off, not variable value. Am i missing simething i should be doing?

Alex.
alex stone
Established Member

Re: Carla and LS16

Post by alex stone »

Reported.

Alex.