catia not showing USB midi

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

catia not showing USB midi

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

This is related to my previous (unanswered) question viewtopic.php?f=47&t=18366, but it's getting worse.

I can no longer reliably get my USB MIDI devices to appear in Catia in their default, "brown" version. Until a month ago, I'd been happily using a variety of USB MIDI input devices, and a USB soundcard. If I'd turn the computer on without any, ie, Nanokontrol plugged in, the Nanokontrol would appear in Catia as soon as I plugged it in.

Now, two things are happening. First, Catia won't acknowledge the controller. If I use ALSA Sequencer as MIDI driver, I can get the red ports, but the brown ones (which used to appear automatically) won't show up. SOMETIMES they do, but I haven't yet determined the magical order of plugged-in/start-Cadence/restart-computer, etc. The computer sees them (via lsusb).

The other issue (obviously related, and started at the same time) is that I can't have my USB soundcard plugged into a USB port when I turn on the computer. If it IS plugged in, Jack won't start (with that soundcard)... but I can switch it to any other USB port and it'll work again.

Sorry if this is vague. I'd love some help on this, because it's making life difficult - my bandmate can't get things working to practice if I'm not around.

Thank you!
ZestieBumwhig
Established Member

Re: catia not showing USB midi

Post by ZestieBumwhig »

Great, thank you. I put that in the Claudia Studio "Application -> Run Custom" and now they're appearing all the time.

I hoped it might help with my other problem, the "soundcard-not-working-if-plugged-in-on-startup" issue. I thought both problems began at the same time (a month ago). But that still doesn't work right. At least that one is easier to handle. Also, the new KXStudio is right around the corner - I'm far more excited than I ought to be!