Suggested workflow to switch between songs in a Claudia LADISH live setup

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

c2thes

Suggested workflow to switch between songs in a Claudia LADISH live setup

Post by c2thes »

Hi!
I recently started using KXStudio, trying to create a live setup with Claudia, including real time effects for the audio input, Hydrogen drum sequencer and SEQ24 midi sequencer connected to synth-plugins.

I can play along the sequencers, they start in sync etc. - everything works fine!
What I couldn't figure out and what is crucial for a real performance on stage so far is:

+ How can I safely switch from one song to another, where the audio and midi connections stay the same, only parameters for plugins and files for the sequencers (SEQ24 and Hydrogen) change? I know I could make several projects in Claudia, however loading a new project usually doesn't work well enough for me. I have to restart JACK in order to see the audio inputs, I have restart the MIDI bridge in order to see the virtual ports... Btw. is this a wide spread issue and how can this be tackled?

+ Can the song-switching be automated, or done by MIDI controls? (E.g. push a button on my midi controller and Hydrogen and SEQ24 load the next .midi files).
I have seen that Hydrogen allows to create playlists and add scripts to songs - what can be done with that?

Happy for any advice or workaround!