Transcribe! on KXStudio

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ciacnorris
Established Member

Transcribe! on KXStudio

Post by ciacnorris »

Hello,
I have troubles running Seventhstring's Transcribe! on a quite-freshly-installed KXStudio.
I can start the software, I can play the file but after I press the space bar to stop the play button (or the space bar) doesn't work anymore.
I am succesfully using transcribe on other distros, it looks like a KXStudio-related problem.
Has anybody got a solution?
LoggerBoy
Established Member

Re: Transcribe! on KXStudio

Post by LoggerBoy »

I have the same problem and will send an Email off to the software developer of Transcribe and see if he would have some tips we could try.

Namaste, Kevin Tough
ciacnorris
Established Member

Post by ciacnorris »

Please let me know if you find any solution. Thanks a lot!
svoufff
Established Member

Post by svoufff »

Hi,
Try that
In Transcribe -> File menu -> Preferences -> Playback tab -> Gstreamer device name : jackaudiosink
This works for me on kxstudio.Hope it helps.
ciacnorris
Established Member

Post by ciacnorris »

I have tried this jackaudiosink thing, and the problem is still there.
It is only just a little different: playback works normally the first time, the second time it starts a while after I press play, and then it takes more time every time I press play. By the fourth or the fifth time I press play, the playback never starts (or I have not waited long enough).

I hope LoggerBoy gets an answer from the developer.
LoggerBoy
Established Member

Post by LoggerBoy »

Hi Guys and maybe Gals,

I've done some testing with Andy, the developer of Transcribe. He thinks that GStreamer 1.0 has possibly been broken in kxstudio. The good news is that the older version of Transcribe 8.40 runs on GStreamer 0.10. GStreamer 0.10 has since 2013 or longer become an inactive project. It does however still work with Transcribe 8.40. On the Transcribe download pages you will find a link to 8.40. Install that instead of the newest Transcribe and it works great on KXStudio.
Lots of fun Transcribing in the future!

Namaste, Logger Boy
LoggerBoy
Established Member

Post by LoggerBoy »

Just a short text as I just found out subscribing to a thread doesn't automatically notify me of changes. Here when posting I can check the "Notify me when a reply is posted". Doing that now....