SOLVED Problem with jack- cadence

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

linux-lover
Established Member

SOLVED Problem with jack- cadence

Post by linux-lover »

Got a NIaudio4dj usb card in lsusb it showed so i go looking found some to chance .asoundrc dit that.
Then i go to cadence to chance jack to use the input of the 4dj. Restarted jack oops trouble.
So i removed the chance in .asoundrc,the usb card ,rebooted comp. cadence will not start. try to find where the settings are but i can not find them :( How to rollback this ?
Last edited by linux-lover on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superprick
Established Member

Re: Problem with jack- cadence

Post by superprick »

/home/username/.config/jack/conf.xml would be the normal place. give ti a shot
linux-lover
Established Member

Post by linux-lover »

Yes found conf-jack1.xml changed <option name="capture">hw:Intel,0</option> .
Restart jackd .But Cadence wil stil not start :( Is there a step by step guide to check your KX(sound)system ?noob on that part :oops:
KX studio, Linux 3.13.0-63-lowlatency,Intel Core 2 CPU 3.00GHz ,Ram 8 GB
Tesla
Established Member

Post by Tesla »

found some to chance .asoundrc dit that.
So i removed the chance in .asoundrc
It's change my dear, took a long time to understand.....but it's ok it happened for me in the past.... :o

First of all update ur package lists ('sudo apt-get update' in terminal) and open package manager and upgrade the cadence package to latest version, if it is latest version go on....

don't edit any config files by hand unless u have no other choice or know what u r doing..because the things may go wrong and ur system may be broken.... :P

Next coming back to the problem, i don't have a usb sound card but i guess .asoundrc has nothing to do with the sound card and jack and relation between them, it's just a neat hack by falkTX to supoort playback and recording of "ALSA-only" applications(Which don't support jack server...), so removal(or changing) of .asoundrc does not effect sound card in any way, Just Disable it in cadence(in jack-bridges section and in alsa tab select Bridge type to none) , restart the jack from cadence by 'Force Restart' and restart the system and if cadence(or jack) starts then ur problem is solved, if it's not continue......

Now remove the .asoundrc(recommeded way is in terminal "mv ~/.asoundrc ~/Desktop/asoundrc" just in case if something goes wrong) and configure ur sound card( with alsa-bridges disabled as above) and restart the jack "Force Restart" and restart the system(aka computer) and if ur problem gets solved, repeat the above same steps but with alsa-bridges enabled and see if the problem persists we will try something new .....don't forget to report the outputs of the every step above.... BYE ...GOOD LUCK :D
Tesla
Established Member

Post by Tesla »

Ya falkTX is right u can reset anytime if u mess things, but be sure to do the experiment, i have mentioned to find out which is causing problem....one of my friend also have the same problem and he is using some local usb soundcard , so after experimenting, that alsa-bridge is causing problems and only after disabling it altogether solved the problem.....Also some software don't go well with alsa-bridges, ex,....Qtractor, While rendering a midi track to audio file with alsa-bridges enabled just freezes...

Just take care of it......Enjoy making music......Good Luck............Bye

Cheers :D
linux-lover
Established Member

Post by linux-lover »

Try falk,s first cadence-session-start --reset that give " ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.99:/org/jackaudio/Controller: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
tryCloseJackDBus() failed
linux-lover
Established Member

Post by linux-lover »

Tesla you say " Just Disable it in cadence" yeah cadence do not start !
linux-lover
Established Member

Re: SOLVED Problem with jack- cadence

Post by linux-lover »

I retry to start catia and yeah that started now . then in tools to config jack , restart jack and WOW it started.
Then cadence would start to :)
But i stil have no idea of the how and why.
PS.the editing .asoundr was on two sites so the NI adiuo4 dj usb would work ! to add this "
pcm.Audio4DJ {
type multi

# bind hardware devices
slaves.a.pcm dj_ch_a
slaves.a.channels 2
slaves.b.pcm dj_ch_b
slaves.b.channels 2

# bind channels to virtual device
bindings.0.slave a
bindings.0.channel 0
bindings.1.slave a
bindings.1.channel 1