Carla + Calf Anyliser

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

bazsound
Established Member

Carla + Calf Anyliser

Post by bazsound »

Anyone else having issues with the calf anyliser, gui loads and empty box with the carla rack background.

nothing else just empty space, this plugin should show a graphic RTA plus phase graph. Was working in ubuntu 12.04
bazsound
Established Member

Re: Carla + Calf Anyliser

Post by bazsound »

Still no go

"use UI bridges instead of direct handling when possible"

was already unchecked, i checked it and the same behaviour. Calf anylyser doesnt show.

I use calf anyliser along with a few other programs live to show levels, spectrum and phase corolation. It can be usefull for reference
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

falkTX wrote:If you have it in a saved project you'll have to change it *and* save.
its not saved in anything . carla loaded up, plugin added then connections made. do it manually everytime.

Restarted carla after making changes
distrozapper
Established Member

Post by distrozapper »

bazsound wrote:
falkTX wrote:If you have it in a saved project you'll have to change it *and* save.
its not saved in anything . carla loaded up, plugin added then connections made. do it manually everytime.

Restarted carla after making changes
@bazsound:
I am using the carla-git package on ubuntu.
I had the same problem with calf analyzer. Its graphics wont do if it is run with an "old", saved project (which has been grown with carla engine configuration "Use UI bridges instead of direct handling when possible" CHECKED (which was the default in former times IIRC)) under a carla engine with this option UNCHECKED.
As falktx already stated, you have to load the "old" project, change the above carla engine setting, and save the project (better with "save as" and a new name, it's always nice to have a backup ;)

AFAICS calf analyzer only does graphics with carla engine "Use UI bridges..." UNCHECKED here atm. So my workflow to make analyzer run fine again in old projects is:

1 Make sure carla engine is configured with "Use UI bridges..." unchecked.
2 load the old project (with analyzer)
3 go to "Configure Carla" -> Engine
4 check "Use UI bridges" and uncheck it again (so Carla notices a change), click OK to accept the setting
5 click "save as" and save the project with a new name

I hope this helps.
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

I dont save projects with carla.

Carla is used fresh with plugins added fresh.

changing UI bridges to unchecked, closing carla and opening it back up then adding the plugin results in the same, empty box when opening plugin gui

I even tried saving carla to a file with the ui bridges unchecked, closed carla opened it back up loaded the saved carla file. No change.

Even tried changed carlas mode between single client, multiple clients and continues rack mode.

Same behaviour

Also Use UI bridges is unchecked by default in my carla, its never been enabled.

same with my laptop.
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

carla-git is installed. latest version according to apt-get

Carla 1.9.6 (2.0-beta4)