Alternate KXStudio themes

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

MikeF

Alternate KXStudio themes

Post by MikeF »

Haven't come across this topic as a package suggestion or other future enhancement, so here goes.

I'm not really a KDE fan, but I might learn to like the KXS 14.04 KDE install IF there was a theme available that was not dominated by the color BLACK. I could barely navigate the live CD menus. Perhaps it is just my older eyesight :shock: .

Are there any stock, Non-Black KDE themes that tickle your fancy or that are just a little easier on the eyes?
TIA, Mike
Alwaysanewb
Established Member

Re: Alternate KXStudio themes

Post by Alwaysanewb »

Just google KDE themes. There are probably a ton of cool looking ones. I personally run unity but falktx likes kde and I think the kde theme he uses is what he thinks represents his distrobution the best i don't think that's going to change. I like lighter themes because I have the same problem I can't read the type on a few programs like software center and a couple of others. I keep my kxstudio as plain as possible and olny change the background image. It just runs smoother that way. On my dualboot ubuntu side I run unity and been messing with themes and docks lately. Looks awesome. I have cairo dock, wish It didn't look like a mac dock but it works best for me and looks good. I had gnomish dark for a couple of days the borders look awesome but the can't read the font thing bugged me to much. I'm using tevella-themechrome right now and I think it looks really cool. It's tough finding themes I like because a lot of them for unity are just themes that pretty much make your computer look like a mac and I don't want anything to do with a macantosh. Here is a screenshoot of my ubuntu install

tatch
Established Member

Re: Alternate KXStudio themes

Post by tatch »

MikeF wrote: I'm not really a KDE fan, but I might learn to like the KXS 14.04 KDE install IF there was a theme available that was not dominated by the color BLACK. I could barely navigate the live CD menus. Perhaps it is just my older eyesight :shock: .
it's not just you... I actually like the kxstudio theme but it is also too black for me it's like the backgrounds and widges are the same color. I like to use the KXStudio theme with i3 (I don't even use KDE) but I literally can't see half the UI elements on my screen, particularly fader widgets, so navigation and general usage sort of becomes blind stumbling for me :(. Maybe I'm just forgetting to set something crucial?