Sustain pedal

Unofficial support for the KXStudio Linux distribution and applications.
More info at http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Qualitymix
Established Member

Sustain pedal

Post by Qualitymix »

Hey guys. I can't seem to get my sustain pedal to work with anything but linux sampler. I try loading a grand piano in carla, and I can't use the sustain. But I load the grand into Qsampler and my pedal works great. The same goes for all the other synths, no sustain. I only get it in linux sampler/qsampler.
Qualitymix
Established Member

Re: Sustain pedal

Post by Qualitymix »

Well, I'm not so sure it's just Carla, because I can't sustain ANY other virtual instrument outside of Qsampler/linux sampler. I was curious if there was something else I had to set in order to properly use my sustain. All the other CC messages seem to go through.
ToddMWorth
Established Member

Post by ToddMWorth »

I've only tried mine in linuxsampler via carla, and it worked... Sadly my machine is broken so I can't test right now but I'm working on it. Once it's fixed... Can I assist you somehow? Can you give me specific tests to run?
autostatic
Established Member

Post by autostatic »

Sustain should work with ZynAddSubFX/Yoshimi: http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php ... i_messages
It probably also works with amSynth and PHASEX.
Qualitymix
Established Member

Post by Qualitymix »

Sadly I'm still confounded regarding this issue. When working with festige, in either fst or dssi-vst mode, my sustain pedal works. When working with pretty much anything outside of Carla, my sustain pedal seems to work. What I haven't been to test is loading Zynaddsubfx outside of Carla, simply because I can't load it in Ardour, and don't know where else I could load it. However, I've tested amsynth in Ardour 3 and can confirm that my sustain works just fine. It only seems to be when I'm dealing with Carla. Now I wouldn't usually be too awfully distraught about this kind of thing, but I'm afraid how this may affect Carla's performance with drumming programs such as the one I use, Session Drummer, and others like Addictive Drums. The hi-hat pedals on electric drum sets are CC messages and I need to be able to use it! And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Now I haven't confirmed if this will be a problem yet, only because I JUST finally got session drummer to load in Carla on my laptop, so I'll be taking it with me to my lesson room soon so I can test.
Qualitymix
Established Member

Post by Qualitymix »

Yeah, enabling the Send CC messages was the first thing I tried...to no avail. Still trying to figure this out!