Drum machine app?

This section is dedicated to applications and configurations for the Google Android OS.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

hebjuzeb
Established Member

Drum machine app?

Post by hebjuzeb »

Anyone know of a good drum machine app? There are plenty of sequencers, but what I'm looking for is just a simple drum machine so I can take my phone, plug it into an amp's auxiliary jack, and have basic beats.

I have Drums Loops, but it doesn't allow for tempo adjustment, and I haven't found one that does.

Any suggestions?
Acer Aspire 5742, Intel Core i3 370M @ 2.40GHz, 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz, Intel(R) HD Graphics, Alesis iO4 audio device.
slowpick
Established Member

Re: Drum machine app?

Post by slowpick »

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=andr ... as_rights=

Get/borrow an old yamaha xg/psr rack or keyboard, you can make all the backings you need,
at any speed, or just record the variety needed for the session, and use the mp3 player
skip ahead function.

Its also good to repeatedly record (or copy-paste) the intro/end/bridge/chorus,
with an eight bar lead-in, so you can practice the riffs and flourish desired.
hebjuzeb
Established Member

Post by hebjuzeb »

Checked the link, but it leads to a google search page; what was the name of the app?

It's weird that so many developers just make redundant copies of the same app; if you want a toy for annoying people with finger-drums, there are zillions of them. Also zillions of fairly complicated sequencers, but nothing like my beloved, ancient DR-5; lots of loops plus straightforward sequencing.

That's why I love Hydrogen, you literally can't buy anything that flexible & easy (though of course EZ and Addictive are great for what they do.)
Acer Aspire 5742, Intel Core i3 370M @ 2.40GHz, 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz, Intel(R) HD Graphics, Alesis iO4 audio device.
wolftune
Established Member

Post by wolftune »

That's what you get with proprietary software and even partly-walled-garden app store crap that treats users as only consumers. 500,000 apps growing exponentially‽ That's serious pollution that makes it harder for anything legitimate to get noticed. Instead of collaborating to get the best result, everyone just does redundant work on their own. We gotta hope for the actual GNU/Linux tablets / phones to become available I think…
Aaron Wolf
Music teacher, scholar
http://wolftune.com
zettberlin
Established Member

Post by zettberlin »

I have this one on my phone:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rum2.drums
works quite OK and has the most important features.

I am not happy about this being proprietary as well but the app works and the dev behaves quite user-friendly (no further nagging after purchase, many additional sample-packages for free available etc)
nostrum fungitur
hebjuzeb
Established Member

Post by hebjuzeb »

Thanks; agree with Wolftune that there's so much pollution out there, it's hard for anything good to get noticed.

Elecdrum is pretty cool, might have to dig out the old card and get the real version.