LV2 wiki on GH - wanted: articles, guides, tools for devs

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

milk
Established Member

LV2 wiki on GH - wanted: articles, guides, tools for devs

Postby milk » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:55 pm

https://github.com/drobilla/lv2/wiki

Given the complaint from some that content on LV2 development is lacking, and the complaint from others that there is a fair amount of information out there already, I've started the above to assist in collating references that can help in on-boarding new developers to the ways and gotchas of LV2.

Any suggestions for further additions, or just further additions, would be very much welcome.
they/them ta / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages - a collection of mostly Linux and free links / Linux Digital Audio and Music Workstation Comparison Matrix - collaborative Google Sheet (slightly broken, no time/cpu power to fix here)

SpotlightKid
Established Member

Re: LV2 wiki on GH - wanted: articles, guides, tools for devs

Postby SpotlightKid » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:31 pm

That's a very welcome effort!

rghvdberg
Established Member

Postby rghvdberg » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Oh wow. Excellent.

milk
Established Member

Postby milk » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:29 pm

boom, update - https://github.com/drobilla/lv2/wiki - any thoughts on links that could be handy to include or a confusing order of links welcome as comments here or updates there
they/them ta / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages - a collection of mostly Linux and free links / Linux Digital Audio and Music Workstation Comparison Matrix - collaborative Google Sheet (slightly broken, no time/cpu power to fix here)

sjaehn
Established Member

Postby sjaehn » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi milk, thanks for your nice work on this wiki. I suggest to move the amplifiers (badamp, BAmp, simple-amp) to examples as they demonstrate the principle of lv2 and the respective GUIs.

Basslint
Established Member

Postby Basslint » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:44 pm

milk wrote:boom, update - https://github.com/drobilla/lv2/wiki - any thoughts on links that could be handy to include or a confusing order of links welcome as comments here or updates there

Hi milk, thanks for your work. I'm still studying LV2 but I'd like to contribute in some way, just tell me what I can do.

A guide "how to port VST 2.x plugins to LV2" would be nice, written in terms of common patterns of porting. You just need to find someone with the technical chops in both standards to write it!
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

milk
Established Member

Postby milk » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:11 pm

sjaehn: Thanks for the suggestion, I've done that.

Basslint: I'll pass the message on

Return to “Developer's Section”