Carla API Guide?

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

noedig
Established Member

Re: Carla API Guide?

Post by noedig »

Big sfz sample packs take a while to load. Is there any way one can get the loading progress from the carla host api when using the native sfz plugin?

How do I set the backend mode (i.e. Rack mode / single client mode / multi client mode)?

The patchbay port connect function takes groupID and portID. What are these? Also, is there a way to get port names for a given plugin?
noedig
Established Member

Post by noedig »

Does the way the Carla backend uses Fluidsynth prevent one from implementing it elsewhere in the same program?
I use the Fluidsynth library in an app. However, when building with the appropriate libraries in order to also use Carla, I get the message

Code: Select all

fluidsynth: error: Couldn't find the requested audio driver jack. Valid drivers are: .
on standard output when running, and no Fluidsynth clients are registered in Jack. When removing the Carla libraries from my build, Fluidsynth works fine again.
Any thoughts?
noedig
Established Member

Post by noedig »

falkTX,

What exactly does the carla_engine_idle() function do and how important is it to call it often? I just realized that I kind of forgot to ever call it, and everything seems to be working fine.