Anyone able to help out with a mididings script?

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Walnutcracker
Established Member

Anyone able to help out with a mididings script?

Post by Walnutcracker »

Would anyone be able to write a simple mididings script for me? I unfortunately don't have the knowledge to understand how to do it myself. I have a Yamaha Dtxplorer drum kit that I want to use live with Hydrogen. Problem is that the first midi note is 31 and Hydrogen only uses from 36 upwards (you can't edit the Dtxplorer to change it's midi note outputs). Midi tranpose is a workaround for this problem but there's also something else that I would like, to be able to use the hi hat control like in this example -

http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/2807

If anyone is willing to help, let me know and I can give exact details of what I need but the basics are that I would like 11 midi notes to be tranposed/set up in a custom manner (perhaps consecutive midi notes so that my hydrogen kits will be neat), with one of them taking advantage of cc pedal. The crash cymbals don't support choke so i don't need that. If anyone could help, it would be massively appreciated.

Was unsure about what section to put this in but felt it would probably have the best chance in here.
Walnutcracker
Established Member

Re: Anyone able to help out with a mididings script?

Post by Walnutcracker »

It's as simple as -

Code: Select all

from mididings import *

run(Transpose(5))
. . . to tranpose notes. Is it as simple to assign incoming notes as something else when sending them back out? For example, if i wanted midi note 31 to be sent out as midi note 36? And if i wanted to change the assignments of a few midi notes, would it just be a case of doing similar for the ones i want to change?

Also found this -

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/mus ... te_numbers

Covers everything. Anyone have any advice on how to get a script together for what i want? Any help at all would be great. Cheers :)
noedig
Established Member

Re: Anyone able to help out with a mididings script?

Post by noedig »

Hi, if there is no specific reason for using mididings, you can try QMidiRoute. It's an easy to use GUI that should be able to do everything you want (if I didn't miss something). No scripting required.