Calling all developers

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

zth
Established Member

Calling all developers

Post by zth »

Hi devs!

(sorry for the crossposting, I'm copy pasting this message from what I also put on the mailinglist)

In an effort to eventually bridge the gap between users and developers, and specifically explore the contributions users that aren't programmers can make to free and open source software, I have designed a short survey for active developers.

More information and the survey itself is available on http://www.zthmusic.com/developer-survey/.

I'd greatly appreciate any participation from developers. As mentioned on the page, I will compile the results of this survey into an infographic. I will also eventually publish all of the results freely to anyone, so everyone can have a look at the data.

I hope this survey can give some good data, that can spark some good discussion on how we can further integrate users and developers, and make more use of the great community we have!

Cheers and merry christmas everyone,
zth
raboof
Established Member

Re: Calling all developers

Post by raboof »

Filled it in, though I haven't done audio programming in a while.

Thanks for raising this issue. I'm not sure how (the results of) this survey are going to help exactly, but narrowing the gap between users ('non-technical' or otherwise) and developers is important, and IMHO it is what open source is all about.