Need anybody some help in a c++-project?

Programming applications for making music on Linux.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

monotomy
Established Member

Need anybody some help in a c++-project?

Post by monotomy »

Hi,

I'm looking for a project (C++) which need some support. I want to support one, but can't decide which one :-).
So if you need help and you think i can learn a bit from you or your project -> let me know!

Greets!
Monique: a Linux VST synthesizer and standalone app.
B-Step: a Linux VST sequencer and standalone app.
ssj71
Established Member

Re: Need anybody some help in a c++-project?

Post by ssj71 »

In general most projects would love to have some help. falkTX would like some help with his DISTRHO project. pgib would like collaborators on his lmms-lv2 project. Pretty much every dev I've talked to was excited to have someone offer to help. Unfortunately my productivity has fallen a lot so I didn't complete my tasks :(.

You can also submit patches and fixes to any project. Those are generally well received. If you are interested I dare say many projects would love help with documentation. Perhaps the best thing to do is to find a program/project you find very interesting or find something you'd like to fix. You'll likely be better motivated if you choose it rather than are assigned something. Thanks for offering to contribute to the community.
_ssj71

music: https://soundcloud.com/ssj71
My plugins are Infamous! http://ssj71.github.io/infamousPlugins
I just want to get back to making music!
tatch
Established Member

Post by tatch »

not sure if monotomy has found a project to code for yet but I'm also really interested in coding a project. Especially for an amateur like me it's never immediately obvious what could use work, and it's particularly intimidating to go through a large codebase by myself without any guidance or specific purpose. It'd be great if a developer were wlling to "show me the ropes" of their project so I could help out more.
briandc
Established Member

Post by briandc »

One project that comes to mind is Phasex. I think it's made in C or C+ and some small glitches exist which would be great to work out. The developer did start a newer release with some improvements, but it seems there were problems with loading and saving patches and so everything halted or reverted to the previous version...

brian
Have your PC your way: use linux!
My sound synthesis biome: http://www.linuxsynths.com
diizy
Established Member

Post by diizy »

LMMS is always looking for new developers.