GCDMaster for Ubuntu Studio?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ryanviral
Established Member

GCDMaster for Ubuntu Studio?

Post by ryanviral »

I was looking for a nice free CD Mastering tool recently, and GCDMaster seems to have all the features I'm interested in, but it seems people have had trouble getting this program? When I run sudo apt-get install gcdmaster, ultimately I get E: Unable to locate package gcdmaster. I'm on a fresh install of Ubuntu Studio 18.10. There are versions of cdrdao available on sourceforge that include GCDMaster, but maybe I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to know how to install that way? Any help with the error, or installing via sourceforge, or even an alternate program to gcdmaster if all other options are impossible would be appreciated!
GMaq
Established Member

Re: GCDMaster for Ubuntu Studio?

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Unless I'm missing something GCDMaster hasn't seen updates since 2006, that's 13 years ago!! I would be amazed if it would still run on any modern Distro..
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

What is it that this tool did that you need? There might be alternatives or other ways.
ryanviral
Established Member

Post by ryanviral »

Mainly to take a little more control of how the cd is written. Cutting up a large live file into tracks and possibly doing cross fades.