Multi instance Carla and Claudia persistent connections

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Would you also like this feature?

Yes
100%
No / Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 3

NeoFelis
Established Member

Multi instance Carla and Claudia persistent connections

Post by NeoFelis »

Hi this is a suggestion and also a question if anyone has a resolution.

When you open a jack enabled program like Carla it's connection name is shown as Carla in Claudia. The Second instance is shown as Caral-02 etc...
But for persistent connections you need to be able to name those program connections. F eks in Mixbus you can rename the insert points and channel strip names etc. This change you will instantly see in Claudia and when you save in Claudia these connections are remembered.
The point here is that, as it is now, you must start each instance of Carla in the right order to achieve this. Because if you start any instance of Carla in the wrong order the connections will go to wrong places.
I think the right solution would be to have an option in Carla to name it's connections and those names be saved with the rest of the settings, when you save your rack. Put a text box among the gui buttons or something to name the ports or Rack instance you have and have this reflected in the port names.

I see this as a very important feature for proper functionality that would benefit all, I can not code this my self, so I would donate 20€ for this cause, if it helps.
exampel.jpg
exampel.jpg (169.1 KiB) Viewed 421 times
Best regards
Christian W. Nyman