- You may double-click on the scene to automatically toggle between fully zoomed in/out mode. This may be quicker than the mousewheel...
That works, but double clicking to zoom out then back in doesn't seem to go back to where it was before. It seems to get offset by a good dozen pixels every time.
- Leaving (hovering) your mouse over an effect will show a tooltip with that effect's name. This may help text readability in fully zoomed-out mode.
With a help/about note it is great for those who have the right pane closed.
I've also been giving the UI a small rework today, with:
- Better aliasing on effects' names - you will want to remove the ".local/share/Fiwe/cache" folder...
Most effects look way better. Still a few graphical oddities with effects that have a long name but it looks way more polished now.
- Boxes to enter the value directly with the keyboard when placing the mouse over a knob in the central window
Works. Nice to have.
Feature request: Based on what I've seen on other software with knobs (including Guitarix), I think the expected behavior by most users would be to scroll over a knob to change the value. Could we get that as well?
- Plus/Minus buttons in the right panel, to avoid the popup when clicking on a parameter.
That is very welcome, yet still not fast enough to use as the main interface.
Feature request: what about an horizontal slider that responds to mouse wheel and returns to the default value on double click?
- Fixed the flipUI mess with presets loaded from disk
Much better, but still some weird stuff: if you edit a preset, then flip UI, your preset gets closed - and the modified data lost...
I know it's a corner case and a user should never do that. But we all know how it goes
Also I'm pretty sure to have a seen a speaker Icon moved next to the guitar in some presets, but I cannot remember which one. will search...
- Fixed the effect name overlapping with the knobs
Seems to be ok now.
Apart from this, a quick test with the Baxandall effect seems to work. Could you send me an F10 bug report with the exact problematic scene?
Just did, but I didn't received anything (spam folder included). In case you didn't get it: no crash, but since I can't get any sound from the latest builds I cannot confirm or infirm.
I'd bet the sound issue comes from the "dac=silence" startup flag (input works, at least according to the tuner).
Code: Select all
20/08/2018 20:58:27 WARNING :0 <Engine>Engine restarted with adc=0; - dac=silence - soundfont=wildmidi/ - networkSrc= - networkDst=
20/08/2018 20:58:27 WARNING :0 <Engine>Listening on TCP port 55555
20/08/2018 20:58:27 WARNING :0 <Engine>::1 connected
20/08/2018 20:58:27 WARNING :0 <Engine>Jack has sampling rate of 48000 Hz and buffer size of 64 samples
20/08/2018 20:58:27 WARNING :0 <Engine>Engine restarted with adc=5; - dac=silence - soundfont=wildmidi/ - networkSrc= - networkDst=
and one more: CabinetIII is duplicated.
Cheers, and thanks again for the good work
Byt the way, any update on the project? Kickstarter, source publication, etc...