Claudia cannot locate a saved studio, maybe because of the ghost character "%26"

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Jeff Brown
Established Member

Claudia cannot locate a saved studio, maybe because of the ghost character "%26"

Post by Jeff Brown »

I cannot load a previously saved studio in Claudia. I can save them fine, and find them in the file browser, and they look like ordinary xml. I can see them under "Load Studio" in Claudia. But when I try to load one, I get an error like this:

Code: Select all

run: failed to stat '/home/jeff/.ladish/studios//b%26uiltin.xml': 2 (No such file or directory)
Notice that %26 symbol in the file path. It's not in the filesystem:

jeff@jeff-inspiron-2017:~/.ladish/studios$ ls
builtin.xml
jeff@jeff-inspiron-2017:~/.ladish/studios$ ls
and I suspect it's why Claudia can't find the studio.

The ghost character isn't always in the same place; sometimes it's the first character, sometimes the second. I just tried making a new one and then loading it from scratch, and I get this:

run: failed to stat '/home/jeff/.ladish/studios//%26another.xml': 2 (No such file or directory)
The ghost character always seems to stay in the same place for a given studio, though.

I would just select the studio from the file browser after choosing "Load File ..." from the menu but there's no such menu option. I tried dragging the studio from Dolphin (a separate file browser app) onto the canvas, but no dice.

I use Kubuntu (KDE + Ubuntu) version 17.10, and KXStudio. When using the builtin soundcard, I usually run ALSA into PulseAudio and then that into JACK. (I also have a FocusRite 2i4 for recording, which I've been running the same way; I don't know whether that's optimal.)
csuttles

Re: Claudia cannot locate a saved studio, maybe because of the ghost character "%26"

Post by csuttles »

I am encountering the same issue in Manjaro. As a temporary workaround, I have been using gladish to load the profiles. Even with Claudia open, when you load a saved studio from inside of gladish it will load up correctly and the changes will be reflected inside of Claudia, so this seems to be an issue with Claudia itself and not ladish or jack2.
Quiet Nerd

Re: Claudia cannot locate a saved studio, maybe because of the ghost character "%26"

Post by Quiet Nerd »

Having exact same issue, also running Kubuntu, 18.04 here.

My "solution" was to change the name of the studio file from

Studio Name.xml
to

/%26Studio Name.xml
Then it loaded up just fine.
I assume you could also rename to "/S%26tudio Name.xml" depending on where the %26 is showing up in your studio name. Basically rename to what the error said it was looking for (note the extra / as well).

This issue, with reference to this thread, is on the projects github: https://github.com/falkTX/Cadence/issues/220 so they are aware of it. I had a look through the code but couldn't find where it's occurring with my limited knowledge. Perhaps I'll have another go later.