MPK Mini mk2 Editor - Things you like/dislike?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

everythingsgonegreen
Established Member

MPK Mini mk2 Editor - Things you like/dislike?

Post by everythingsgonegreen »

I'm in the process of putting together a native editor for the Akai MPK Mini mk2 controller and was looking for input about what aspects of the Windows editor people like or dislike. I was going to simply port pretty much feature for feature, but ran into a youtube video where the person giving the tutorial seemed to have issues with the UI in the editor provided by Akai, so maybe others have issues with the software as well.

Anyway, what do you like about it, what would you change? Are you happy simply using the editor provided through Wine?

Currently I have a command line tool to read/display the programmed configs, write new configuration to the program locations and can load and save .mk2 files. I'm just starting work on a gui (probably GTK+ based) and for my purposes so far the layout/function of the Windows editor seems sufficient, but if it can be useful for others then I may as well look into improving on the stock tool if people have issues with how it operates.

Thanks!
JebHades

Re: MPK Mini mk2 Editor - Things you like/dislike?

Post by JebHades »

Hi, I use linux for audio production porpouses and I currently have an aka mpk mini II.
I would like to know how it's your editor going...
Thanks. :D
MoonDragon
Established Member

Post by MoonDragon »

Hi, I'm curious as to how far you are with this too. if you have a sample I could review it for you?
nyef
Established Member

Post by nyef »

Hello.

Is your configuration editor available yet, or is there some way to help with making it available? I just ended up with an MPK Mini mk2, and would like to be able to configure it without messing with wine or windows.
szszoke
Established Member

Post by szszoke »

Hello,

I would also like to request an update on your progress, I just got mine and I was thinking that maybe I could reverse engineer the traffic between the controller and the app.

If you are still working on this, maybe we can join our efforts.
progfou

Post by progfou »

Hi!
@everythingsgonegreen I can't seem to be able to use the official editor through Wine so I would be interested in a native Linux tool, even a command line one. Did you make any progress? Do you need feedback or additionnal infos from other users?