Ubuntu/Torpedo Remote/Wine

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

slackpatrol

Ubuntu/Torpedo Remote/Wine

Post by slackpatrol »

Hello all. I recently got a Torpedo C.A.B. and I'm digging it. I plan to explore recording in Ubuntu. So, not directly related to that.... These things come with some control software, Torpedo Remote. I got pretty far trying to get it working under Wine, and I'm fairly certain it will not work as the USB connection is seen a a HID device, and the current winebus won't support it.

So I'm betting a no go, but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone by some small chance had success.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Ubuntu/Torpedo Remote/Wine

Post by funkmuscle »

slackpatrol wrote:Hello all. I recently got a Torpedo C.A.B. and I'm digging it. I plan to explore recording in Ubuntu. So, not directly related to that.... These things come with some control software, Torpedo Remote. I got pretty far trying to get it working under Wine, and I'm fairly certain it will not work as the USB connection is seen a a HID device, and the current winebus won't support it.

So I'm betting a no go, but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone by some small chance had success.
since the Wall of Sound software that comes with it controls the setting on the pedal, I connected the TwoNotes to a windows box via USB and the 1/4 jacks to my sound interface. That worked as I did all the editing on Windows. I borrowed the unit first to try as in Canada, it's close to $700.00 so not in the budget at the moment but lovely unit.