AV LInux 2016: graphical problem...?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mk1967
Established Member

AV LInux 2016: graphical problem...?

Post by mk1967 »

Good morning :)

I was happy to check out AV Linux 2016 64 bit :D which has been running much better on my computer than former AV Linux 6. But for one or two weeks a problem has occurred: The desktop symbols have disappeared, the symbols in the main menu and in several menu windows also and the main menu has moved out of the screen :shock: .
It's still possible to start Ardour for example - but in general it's not too comfortable to work with an OS like this.

The hardware itself runs fine - I have a dualboot with multimedia OS LibraZiK http://librazik.tuxfamily.org/base-site-LZK/english.php and this distribution works very well.
Nevertheless I'm still curious about AV Linux and for that reason I would like to keep it running on this machine.

I would like to show my problem to you by taking a screenshot - but screenshots don't work any more since the problem occurred: they can still be taken but cannot be saved. :?

Maybe anyone else has experienced this problem, too?

Thanks a lot :)
jiff41
Established Member

Re: AV LInux 2016: graphical problem...?

Post by jiff41 »

Hi mk1967,
Have a look in the whisker menu (Bottom left, AV Applications) & then settings & click on ARandR to check your screen settings, maybe they're a bit messed up? :?
I Started out with nothing & still have most of it left.! (Seasick Steve) :lol:
mk1967
Established Member

Post by mk1967 »

Thank you for your reply !

Unfortunately not - I have already looked at ARandR but everything seemed to be normal there... :(
mk1967
Established Member

Post by mk1967 »

A kind of update :wink: - meanwhile when I start the system the problem the problem may occur... or not. :shock: Ok, mostly it's the former case :P . But no idea why... :(