Guitar Pro and Transcribe on kxstudio

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

LoggerBoy
Established Member

Guitar Pro and Transcribe on kxstudio

Post by LoggerBoy »

Hi, new here!

My only windows notebook just died and at the moment I cannot replace it. I thought I would try kxstudio again. This time by shutting down Jack I can do simple recording with Audacity from my Allen and Heath mixer, small but cool start!

As an aspiring musician two of my often used pieces of software are Guitar Pro and Transcribe. There is one topic here describing the problem I also have with Transcribe and I find no topics on Guitar Pro. Are there comparable apps in kxstudio to use? Many musicians/artists consider Transcribe to be the best at what it does. I've tried TuxGuitar but the percussion sound and usability is not really up to the standards I hope to be able to use.

My Transcribe problem is that Transcribe works as expected but once stopped or paused it becomes unresponsive with Jack running. Without Jack I have no output. The playback can be stopped but takes many seconds (15-30) before the cursor starts moving again, still without sound output.

I would greatly appreciate general or specific information to help me try to put together a kxstudio OS that I can happily work with.

Namaste, Logger Boy
sadko4u
Established Member

Re: Guitar Pro and Transcribe on kxstudio

Post by sadko4u »

LoggerBoy wrote:I've tried TuxGuitar but the percussion sound and usability is not really up to the standards I hope to be able to use.
Try to use TuxGuitar with Fluidsynth. Or you may connect it to any drum synthesizer via Jack backend.
LSP (Linux Studio Plugins) Developer and Maintainer.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

LoggerBoy
Established Member

Post by LoggerBoy »

Hi sysrqer,

I was hoping we could get Transcribe up-to-date but this lag problem with the newer Transcribe is very strange indeed. Hopefully KXStudio will support GStreamer 0.10 at least until there is a solution to this problem. Thanks for your tip.

Namaste, Logger Boy