jack audio connection kit wont connect to server.

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

cmurrieta13

jack audio connection kit wont connect to server.

Post by cmurrieta13 »

Hi guys, new to ubuntu and the recording world. Spent the ladt three days installing and trying out ubuntu. Upgraded to ubuntu studio with no errors. I tried to configure jack because i was not passing audio for regular systems sounds. I could capture and playback audio through my presonus audio interface just no playback through my computer speakers. I changed a few settings in jack trying to select my internal sound card as my driver for playback. Now jack wont connect to server and everytime i open it i displays a crash message. I cant post the error report tomorrow as soon as i get to my computer. Im wondering Is there a way to restore some type of default setting in jack? Or a way to return fuctionality to my internal audio card? Even tried to reinstall via a bootable usb but couldnt get it to boot(thats a whole other issue though...)
Pablo
Established Member

Re: jack audio connection kit wont connect to server.

Post by Pablo »

Hi and welcome to LM!

Jack is not an audio driver. Trying to fix system sound problems with jack is wrong. Use alsamixer to set the levels of your audio cards.

If you want to use jack, the low-latency audio server recommended for music creation, read first:
http://libremusicproduction.com/article ... arted-jack