Cannot boot AV Linux from the USB

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

singlecutguitar
Established Member

Cannot boot AV Linux from the USB

Post by singlecutguitar »

Hello I'm a noob. I try to install AV Linux into my Asus X555D laptop but the live usb I created cannot boot it. It even cannot read by my currently installed manjaro. Are the iso from the original site is broken ? I already try different software for making bootable media like isousb or suse image writer, but it has the same result. I've read in the manual, it says that the uefi machine isn't tested, anybody has the same result like me ?
GMaq
Established Member

Re: Cannot boot AV Linux from the USB

Post by GMaq »

Hi,

Well I can assure you the ISO's are not broken, we have lots of users and reviews, before any release is announced the ISO's are tested by a 3rd party to ensure they are good. AV Linux USB booting is tested with Unetbootin and by it's own DD tool from the AV Linux Assistant, I have not tested other boot managers. The fact that Manjaro is not recognizing the folders and filesystem on your USB key is not a promising sign...

I suggest you test the MD5sum on your ISO download, explained in the AVL User Manual page 5: http://bandshed.net/pdf/AVL2016.8UserManual.pdf

If the MD5 is good then try creating a USB Key with Unetbootin or DD (if you are familiar with DD commandline from Manjaro) and try it again.

I also suggest coming over to the AV Linux User Forum, I just randomly saw your post here by chance...
http://bandshed.net/forum/index.php
singlecutguitar
Established Member

Post by singlecutguitar »

Hello GMaq, thx for your reply, I already solved this problem. Thx to banshed forum member. Great distro ! :D
Mister Mint
Established Member

Post by Mister Mint »

Hello, I have almost the same problem.. Not sure if I should start a new thread instead of continuing this one, but anyway here it is:

I wanted to install Mint Mate and AV Linux on my computer, so I created a folder ("boot-isos") with these two ISO files on a USB key, and a SuperGrup2 CD, but restarting and booting via the SuperGrup2 CD > Manual booting > Bootable ISOs, only the Mint ISO is shown, not the AV Linux ISO. I wonder why? The AV Linux ISO MD5sum is 100% correct.