KXStudio: Jack needs to restart at every time I login in?

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

daggaz
Established Member

KXStudio: Jack needs to restart at every time I login in?

Post by daggaz »

Hello, I will try to be clear, I'm not very good at writing in English.
I had been using KXStudio in Ubuntu 12.04 with Gnome Shell, now I moved to Linux Mint 14 and am very happy with the change, I have installed KXStudio without any problem. But KXS still have a small bug that had already detected in Ubuntu 12.04.
Every time I log in, I need to manually open Cadence and force Jack to restart so I can listen PulseAudio applications (such as Firefox or Banshee) ... Is this normal?
I remember in previous versions this was not a problem, I just log in my session and could watch videos on YouTube or listen to music in Rhythmbox without having to touch Cadence.
wolftune
Established Member

Re: KXStudio: Jack needs to restart at every time I login in

Post by wolftune »

You should try the newest updates. In the latest KXStudio, PulseAudio is not needed at all. You can just turn on the ALSA-loop-jack bridge and Firefox etc. will send out sound without PulseAudio.

On my system Jack starts always fine; but whenever I suspend, the ALSA-loop-JACK bridge gets turned off and needs to be turned on again, which is quite annoying. I submitted a bug report about it on Launchpad.
Aaron Wolf
Music teacher, scholar
http://wolftune.com
daggaz
Established Member

Re: KXStudio: Jack needs to restart at every time I login in

Post by daggaz »

In fact, I'm using the newest version of KXStudio, I install it yesterday using the Ubuntu's PPAs, and today change the bridge to "ALSA->loop->JACK" (it was "ALSA->Pulse Audio->JACK" by defalt?), but sadly, I still having the same thing. Every time I login and, as you, suspend, I must force restart with Cadence because the status of the Server its off...
I test to open Catia and see the conections, but when I open Catia, its like restart the server, because everythings start to sound...
mgraham
Established Member

Re: KXStudio: Jack needs to restart at every time I login in?

Post by mgraham »

I know this is an old thread, but I'd love to know if anybody has come up with a solution or workaround for needing to force restart JACK after resume.

If I knew the command lines that cadence uses for the restarts, I could probably trigger a script to run after resume...