AV Linux uninstall Mixbus

What other apps and distros do you use to round out your studio?

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

RastaManKing
Established Member

AV Linux uninstall Mixbus

Post by RastaManKing »

First of all thank you very much to all that make Linux Music possible for all of us, im returning to music after a few years and just installed AV Linux, working flawlessly and im loving it for my music production.. i already got rid of most software that i dont need and will never use and installed acouple of my choise.. my problem is:
i cannot uninstall Mixbus, i dont need it, i use Ardour.. how can i uninstall it? i already searched the synaptics package manager and looked through all packages, also searched with apt, and i cannot find it.. how can i uninstall it?
thank you in advance :)
tramp
Established Member

Re: AV Linux uninstall Mixbus

Post by tramp »

Hi

I ain't know exactly about AV Linux, but usually Mixbus is installed in /opt.
And usually Mixbus install as well a uninstall.sh script which you could use (as root) to uninstall Mixbus.

regards
On the road again.
GMaq
Established Member

Post by GMaq »

RastaManKing wrote:First of all thank you very much to all that make Linux Music possible for all of us, im returning to music after a few years and just installed AV Linux, working flawlessly and im loving it for my music production.. i already got rid of most software that i dont need and will never use and installed acouple of my choise.. my problem is:
i cannot uninstall Mixbus, i dont need it, i use Ardour.. how can i uninstall it? i already searched the synaptics package manager and looked through all packages, also searched with apt, and i cannot find it.. how can i uninstall it?
thank you in advance :)
Hi,

The Mixbus and Ardour builds in AV Linux are the official binary bundles and are not provided as 'Deb' packages nor do they appear in Synaptic.

tramp is correct, you uninstall Mixbus with it's uninstall script found in /opt
RastaManKing
Established Member

Post by RastaManKing »

@GMaq @tramp
thank you for your response, i will take care of that now..
glad that i found this community!