denemo - length of staff

Do you typeset your scores on Linux? Share your thoughts, tips, and tricks here.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

studio32

denemo - length of staff

Post by studio32 »

Hi,

Is it in Denemo only possible to have one long staff with music? Or can I set for example 4 bars per staff/line?

It looks a bit odd to have one line of music with twenty bars without clear distinction between verse and chorus etc.
Last edited by studio32 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
studio32

Re: denemo - lenght of staff

Post by studio32 »

ok, printing it will just give you a A4 format :mrgreen:

But yes, the display in denemo is what it is, but maybe after vs 1.0 there will be a split between backend and frontend.

The nice thing about the denemo, is that they are busy with jack-midi support (git version), it will give you much more flexibility to compose music with notation :)

I think denemo will be my first choice notation composer app now...
but I like to see a more a-4 type of display in the application.

I also wouldn't protest if NtEd decide to add jack-midi support ....

EDIT: It can go fast with OpenSource ;) It looks like it is possible with Nted too now
http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/st ... 01s24.html
"enable channel change"
Nted has a MIDI port in Jack
nathan
Site Admin

Re: denemo - length of staff

Post by nathan »

Why do you prefer Denemo over MuseScore? I like the keyboard-style note entry in Denemo, but I found the learning curve for entering less common symbols kind of frustrating.
nils
Established Member

Re: denemo - length of staff

Post by nils »

Why do you prefer Denemo over MuseScore?
Thats an easy question. The answer is:
Because you don't need to know how professional notation must look like with Denemo, because Denemo is Lilypond.

Every WYSIWYG editor requires you to know the engraving rules of notation, an ancient and complex topic, otherwise your scores will just look amateurish and are no fun to read and play off.

--> Scores created with Denemo are by definition superior because they are 100% lilypond.