Jack and headphones

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ranjithshegde

Jack and headphones

Post by ranjithshegde »

Greetings,
Let me first say I am new to this forum, new to Linux/Ubuntu and new to my latest quest: SuperCollider

A few weeks ago I installed Ubuntu 18.04LTS on my HP AMD laptop.
Following various tutorials I managed to install SC, jack2 audio, Cadence to connect jack to pulseaudio to get the system sound/browsers/video working while jack server is running. All that went well.

However I am unable to get my headphones working with Jack. Only internal speakers or soundcard. Does anyone have the same issue?
Jack Winter
Established Member

Re: Jack and headphones

Post by Jack Winter »

Have you tried looking at the mixer, maybe something is muted or turned down. Jack only routes the audio, doesn't concern itself with levels. Maybe try alsamixer.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
ranjithshegde

Post by ranjithshegde »

@jack winter

You are right. I looked everywhere on pulseaudio mixer, jack mixer, claudia/catia/cadence routing. qjackctl config and could not find a thing
but then i looked for also mixer as you mentioned, and I did not even have it installed. I installed it and sure enough the headphone port was muted for whatever reason.

Its working now. Thanks a lot
Cheers mate!
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

You're welcome. It's happened to me too :)
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux