Need help getting wine asio to work in a wine prefix

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Death
Established Member

Need help getting wine asio to work in a wine prefix

Post by Death »

I've been trying my best to solve this one for hours tonight but I've had to admit defeat for now. Hopefully someone can help!

First, here's the previous situation when this was all working correctly:

I run Linux Mint 19 (x64). I installed the kxstudio repos for an easy way to install wine asio. I registered both wine asio versions to my system with

Code: Select all

regsvr32 wineasio
&

wine64 regsvr32 wineasio
I then installed FL Studio via PlayOnLinux with Wine 3.20 downloaded via the PlayOnLinux program. wineasio isn't available in FL Studio. So, someone made me a script to get it working there. Here's the script

#!/usr/bin/env bash

basedir="$HOME/.PlayOnLinux/wine/linux-amd64"
WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/FL_Studio"

cd $basedir

for winedir in */; do
    if [ ! -f "$winedir/lib/wine/wineasio.dll.so" ]; then
        ln -s "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine/wineasio.dll.so" "$winedir/lib/wine"
        ln -s "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/wineasio.dll.so" "$winedir/lib64/wine"
        chmod +r "$winedir/lib/wine/wineasio.dll.so"
        chmod +r "$winedir/lib64/wine/wineasio.dll.so"
        WINEPREFIX=$WINEPREFIX "$winedir/bin/regsvr32" wineasio
        WINEPREFIX=$WINEPREFIX "$winedir/bin/wine64" regsvr32 wineasio
    fi
done
After that, everything worked great.

Now here's the current situation:

I did a fresh install of Mint 19.1 (x64). I did all the same stuff as listed above. However, this time I have installed Wine Staging from WineHQ before doing any of this because I want to use this version of Wine in the FL Studio prefix rather than version 3.20 from the PlayOnLinux program. I run the script and it doesn't report errors. However, I can't see wine asio in FL Studio. Just to test, I try using my new FL Studio install with Wine 3.20 installed via PlayOnLinux and run the script again, but it's still not there.

The locations where wineasio is installed to are:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine

There are links to wineasio in these folders (I assume the script created these links?):
/opt/wine-staging/lib64/wine
/opt/wine-staging/lib64/wine

Seeing as I've got wineasio registered in Wine Staging, shouldn't it just be available if I use that version of Wine with FL Studio? And why doesn't it appear when I use Wine 3.20? I don't fully understand the script or what's going wrong here. I've reached my limits in understanding the issue and could do with some help if you could.

Thanks people! :wink:
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Need help getting wine asio to work in a wine prefix

Post by jonetsu »

I do not use wine asio, never had a need to do so. I guess you need that because you are using a Windows DAW.
Death
Established Member

Re: Need help getting wine asio to work in a wine prefix

Post by Death »

jonetsu wrote:I do not use wine asio, never had a need to do so. I guess you need that because you are using a Windows DAW.
Yes. I'm currently playing around with Qtractor but I'm still relying on FL Studio until I can find something I like on Linux. I'll probably never stop using FL Studio either way because I'd miss it too much. It actually runs pretty damn nice in Wine though when wineasio is working :)