How to setup default outputs for Jack?

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

oivanenko

How to setup default outputs for Jack?

Post by oivanenko »

Hello!

I have an M-Audio Firewire Solo sound card that I use as an output for Jack. Jack runs without problems, but all applications by default are connected to the outputs circled in red in the attached screenshot and this is not suitable for me.

Tell me please, how to setup different default outputs of sound card for Jack?

File .jackdrc created by qjackctl attached.
Attachments
jackdrc.txt
(51 Bytes) Downloaded 36 times
Screenshot_2019-02-10_15-36-53.png
Screenshot_2019-02-10_15-36-53.png (60.62 KiB) Viewed 528 times
bluebell
Established Member

Re: How to setup default outputs for Jack?

Post by bluebell »

I had the same problem. I wanted to detach connections to system:out and make connections to some instances of jack_thru or jack_mixer.

The solution I use is jack_plumbing (or jack-plumbing). It has to be permanently active and can make and break connections based on a rules file with regular expressions.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

oivanenko

Post by oivanenko »

bluebell wrote:I had the same problem. I wanted to detach connections to system:out and make connections to some instances of jack_thru or jack_mixer.

The solution I use is jack_plumbing (or jack-plumbing). It has to be permanently active and can make and break connections based on a rules file with regular expressions.
Hi, bluebell!

Thank you for your advice. I've never heard before about jack-plumbing, will check it. Seems like it is something like Qjackctl Patchbay functional.
bluebell
Established Member

Post by bluebell »

oivanenko wrote:
bluebell wrote:I had the same problem. I wanted to detach connections to system:out and make connections to some instances of jack_thru or jack_mixer.

Hi, bluebell!

Thank you for your advice. I've never heard before about jack-plumbing, will check it. Seems like it is something like Qjackctl Patchbay functional.
jack-plumbing can handle jack audio only.

Qjackctl can handle jack and ALSA MIDI, too.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/