Is it possible to configure the pulseaudio bridge?

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Morgenkaff
Established Member

Is it possible to configure the pulseaudio bridge?

Post by Morgenkaff »

I have looked in all the config files i could find, but it does not seem to be possible to configure the amount of channels for the bridge between pulseaudio and jack.

Any ideas?

--
Morgenkaff
Morgenkaff
Established Member

Re: Is it possible to configure the pulseaudio bridge?

Post by Morgenkaff »

Well.. I found the config files for the bridge. They're stored in:

usr/share/cadence/pulse2jack

Now it's simply to configure the "devices" following the information given here:

https://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/ind ... PulseAudio

It would be nice to have configurations in the home folder, so one don't needs to use sudo. Or maybe even some of the options in the GUI?
At least the amount of channels, and maybe there names?
nikgnomicradio
Established Member

Re: Is it possible to configure the pulseaudio bridge?

Post by nikgnomicradio »

I don't know how to customise Pulseaudio connections for Cadence, but can do it in QjackCtl or terminal commands:

Code: Select all

pactl load-module module-jack-sink sink_name=pulse2jack client_name=pulse2jack channels=2 connect=no
pactl load-module module-jack-source source_name=jack2pulse client_name=jack2pulse channels=2 connect=no
"channels=2" is usually default and normally only need that option for more channels. I needed it where pulseaudio would sometimes load 4 channels when it detected 4 playback channels on a sound card
"connect=yes" is default, so can leave that option out if the self-connecting is ok
default naming like "Pulseaudio JACK Sink" has to be edited in scripts to "Pulseaudio/ JACK/ Sink". changing to name without spaces helps a lot working with commands

And yes, you can move Pulseaudio configuration to home folder too

Code: Select all

cp /etc/pulse/default.pa ~/.config/pulse/default.pa
cp /etc/pulse/daemon.conf ~/.config/pulse/daemon.conf
Those are the 2 main files needed to change Pulseaudio.
Customised home configuration overrides original files when Pulseaudio is restarted
If you overdo configuration hacking and break it, copy the defaults across again and restart Pulseaudio to rollback to defaults