Xruns on raspberry pi3 with sooperlooper

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

musicleet

Xruns on raspberry pi3 with sooperlooper

Post by musicleet »

Hello guys,

at the moment Im trying to build a loop station with a raspberry pi. For that I installed a normal rasbian image. I overclocked the Pi to 1,4GHz and installed a realtime kernel. I installed jack and sooperlooper and started both with the gui of the normal desktop env (qjackctl and sooperlooper gui).

For the sound I use a USB micro and a normal usb sound card. But when I start to loop I get a Xrun after about 5min. The problem is that after that sooper looper stops working and the xrun only count up (xrun(1), xrun(2), xrun(3)...). So after a while the Qjackctl says that i have one Xrun with for example the number 233 in round brackets.

I already tried to use a higher buffer size (2048) but then I cant loop anymore because of the high latency. Before I used two 512 buffers with 44100Hz sampling rate.

I know that xrun mean an over or underflow of the buffer. But how can I debug the problem? The processor is at about 30% all the time.

Any idea?
musicleet

Re: Xruns on raspberry pi3 with sooperlooper

Post by musicleet »

Ok I think I made the problem smaller.

I tested audio through put with my audio devices:
A: McCRYPT USB in Micro
B: UGREEN in/out audio usb interface
C: senheiser usb in/out headset

When I used two devices i used one to record and the other one to play

A + C => Xruns
A + B => Xruns
B => no Xruns
C => Xruns

So could it be that the usb micro and the senheiser headset causing the problem?
Can a USB micro be "too slow" to work with jack in realtime?

The Problem is that I want to use my usb micro because I have no "normal" micro with an 3,5 audio jack for the UGREEN USB audio interface.
tramp
Established Member

Re: Xruns on raspberry pi3 with sooperlooper

Post by tramp »

musicleet wrote:The Problem is that I want to use my usb micro because I have no "normal" micro with an 3,5 audio jack for the UGREEN USB audio interface.
May a usb to aux adapter cable would help.
On the road again.