Cannot start Reaper with WineAsio

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

potustoronnimv
Established Member

Cannot start Reaper with WineAsio

Post by potustoronnimv »

Hello!

I try to enable WineAsio in Reaper, but I fail.
I try to build WineAsio with jack1 0.24.1 (2014) and 0.21.3 (2011), with jack2 1.9.9.5, but it not work. Compilation completes successfully, regsvr32 also has no problem, but ASIO driver cannot start in Reaper every time. Or my DAW crashes.
When I start Reaper with terminal emulator (jack2):

Code: Select all

Cannot create thread res = 11
JackMessageBuffer::Create cannot start thread
Cannot create message buffer
Cannot create thread res = 11
Cannot start Jack client listener
Cannot start channel
Jack messages at this time:

Code: Select all

Cannot read socket fd = 15 err = No such file or directory
Unknown request 0
How to solve this problem?
Help me! I've tried everything :(

I use Slackware 14.2 with multilib.

Sorry for my bad English :oops:
khz
Established Member

Re: Cannot start Reaper with WineAsio

Post by khz »

You don't need wine. Go to wiki.cockos >> download the current version (>> LANDOLEET) >> unpache it, switch to the folder and click on reaper. No installation necessary.
. . . FZ - Does humor belongs in Music?
. . GNU/LINUX@AUDIO ~ /Wiki $ Howto.Info && GNU/Linux Debian installing >> Linux Audio Workstation LAW
  • I don't care about the freedom of speech because I have nothing to say.
potustoronnimv
Established Member

Post by potustoronnimv »

khz wrote:You don't need wine. Go to wiki.cockos >> download the current version (>> LANDOLEET) >> unpache it, switch to the folder and click on reaper. No installation necessary.
I have it, but native Reaper supports only native VST. I need NI Kontakt at least. I find Airwave - wine-based wrapper for windows VST, but it is very unstable.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

You can try to run Kontakt with LinVst. Otherwise are you trying to run 32b or 64b reaper/kontakt, and what is your OS, 32b or 64b?
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
potustoronnimv
Established Member

Post by potustoronnimv »

Jack Winter wrote:You can try to run Kontakt with LinVst. Otherwise are you trying to run 32b or 64b reaper/kontakt, and what is your OS, 32b or 64b?
Thank you, it seems interesting.
My system x64 with multilib support. I try to run Reaper in the x32 wineprefix, but it crashes with all the same error messages.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

potustoronnimv wrote:
Jack Winter wrote:You can try to run Kontakt with LinVst. Otherwise are you trying to run 32b or 64b reaper/kontakt, and what is your OS, 32b or 64b?
Thank you, it seems interesting.
My system x64 with multilib support. I try to run Reaper in the x32 wineprefix, but it crashes with all the same error messages.
AFAIK, on JACK2 communication between 32b jack client libs with the 64b server is broken for a long time now, some glibc change regarding semaphores. So either try JACK1, or try 64b wineasio and reaper.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux