jack output clicks/pops?

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

dormirj
Established Member

Re: jack output clicks/pops?

Post by dormirj »

hello again,

http://distantdance.org/rc300-captures.tar.gz

^here be some more captures, don't know if you can read the .ulz file with anything but the commercial software usblyzer, usbpcap in windows does not want to capture the packets between my computer and the rc300 - it works fine with usb sticks or generic hid devices, but when i want it to capture the rc300 it just saves an empty file, that's why i've also added a .txt and .html file from the windows capture.

greetings;;
Drumfix
Established Member

Post by Drumfix »

Ok, had a look at the html file.

It seems that the device is indeed using implicit feedback, but in order to start this , it needs an internal playback buffer filled first.
This also means that for recording, the playback buffer must be continuously filled also.
The latter doesn't fit into the model used by the alsa usb-audio driver.
dormirj
Established Member

Post by dormirj »

Drumfix wrote:Ok, had a look at the html file.

It seems that the device is indeed using implicit feedback, but in order to start this , it needs an internal playback buffer filled first.
This also means that for recording, the playback buffer must be continuously filled also.
The latter doesn't fit into the model used by the alsa usb-audio driver.
Ok... so, if i understand you correctly - the playback buffer must be filled for recording, but how does this affect just general playback? and your last sentence is saying that the current implementation of usb-audio in alsa is not able to do the specific style of implicit audio that the rc-300 needs to be working correctly? any idea how deep this goes, is it rather a few changes or a complete remodel from your knowledge?

i must admit i started using the windows partition for the specific usage i had in mind for the time being, but i'm still willing to work on this if there's any chance to progress on this.

greetings--
dormir