Newbie, USB Great, switch to headphones out, not?

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

LoggerBoy
Established Member

Newbie, USB Great, switch to headphones out, not?

Post by LoggerBoy »

Hi all,
I've just reinstalled KxStudio after having issues with Transcribe. Turns out my error. Next is that when I took my notebook to band practice, no longer connected to my Allen And Heath, I have no sound output from Audacious or the other media players on my headphones out. In the settings for Jack -> Driver I've selected the interface hw:PCH,0 (ALC269VB Analog) and restarted the server.
From the KDE Mixer settings for the Phonon Multimedia Framework the third entry is HDA Intel PCH (ALC269VB Analog) and the test plays well on the headphones out.
The top entry in the priority list is Loopback (Loopback PCM) and the test does not work.
Second is the USB entry grayed out, likely since no USB device is now attached.

In Jack the bridge is running AlSA -> Loop -> Jack

I'd be grateful for any help on sorting this out.

Namaste, LoggerBoy
Pablo
Established Member

Re: Newbie, USB Great, switch to headphones out, not?

Post by Pablo »

In audacious audio configuration, select jack audio output. Then make sure, vía Cadence -> Catia that audacious output is connected to system playbacks.

Alternatively, It should work if you use alsa audio for audacious output and select the pch

And also, if you select PulseAudio Jack plugin in Cadence and let audacious alone.

Cheers, Pablo
LoggerBoy
Established Member

Re: Newbie, USB Great, switch to headphones out, not?

Post by LoggerBoy »

Thanks Pablo,

I didn't go into the patchbay idea but played around with audacious output settings and the bridges. At first with no success. Then all of a sudden once I selected the ALSA -> Jack bridge my output was there. Since that first connection it seems to always work now, even without a bridge. VLC also works directly. I'll do some more testing when I get home from work but at the moment all green lights and I am not sure why now and not before.

Namaste, LoggerBoy :)