Kxstudio : Cadence, Qjack no sound after Alesis keybd

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

hucasys
Established Member

Kxstudio : Cadence, Qjack no sound after Alesis keybd

Post by hucasys »

Hey all, I'm runing Kxstudio with a Presonus Audiobox, worked fine, but I got a new Alesis VI61 keybd and plugged it in (USB) but didn't get it to work with FL studio thourgh wine (works fine on win7). But the real issue is that after unplugging the keyboard I lost all of my sound through Audiobox (just from computer, mixer works fine). Nothing is coming through, no video sound, notifications, nothing. No sound coming through the Audiobox that is, computer headphone out works fine too.

I have tried re-configuring Jack with Cadence, and Qjack and also with the audio setting in Kx sysytem settings, but nothing. I have also tried different USB ports for the Audiobox.

Any clues?
Thnx
hucasys
Established Member

Re: Kxstudio : Cadence, Qjack no sound after Alesis keybd

Post by hucasys »

Nobody? Still can't solve it, usb device shows everywhere but just won't recieve anything from computer.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

hucasys wrote:Hey all, I'm runing Kxstudio with a Presonus Audiobox, worked fine, but I got a new Alesis VI61 keybd and plugged it in (USB) but didn't get it to work with FL studio thourgh wine (works fine on win7). But the real issue is that after unplugging the keyboard I lost all of my sound through Audiobox (just from computer, mixer works fine). Nothing is coming through, no video sound, notifications, nothing. No sound coming through the Audiobox that is, computer headphone out works fine too.

I have tried re-configuring Jack with Cadence, and Qjack and also with the audio setting in Kx sysytem settings, but nothing. I have also tried different USB ports for the Audiobox.

Any clues?
Thnx
hey, did you ever get this solved? do you have a2jmidid installed?
I'm looking into the Presonus Audiobox and want to pick one up today. They are many versions. Which one do you have and how well does it work with latency issues, etc.?
hucasys
Established Member

Post by hucasys »

funkmuscle wrote:
hucasys wrote:Hey all, I'm runing Kxstudio with a Presonus Audiobox, worked fine, but I got a new Alesis VI61 keybd and plugged it in (USB) but didn't get it to work with FL studio thourgh wine (works fine on win7). But the real issue is that after unplugging the keyboard I lost all of my sound through Audiobox (just from computer, mixer works fine). Nothing is coming through, no video sound, notifications, nothing. No sound coming through the Audiobox that is, computer headphone out works fine too.

Any clues?
Thnx
hey, did you ever get this solved? do you have a2jmidid installed?
I'm looking into the Presonus Audiobox and want to pick one up today. They are many versions. Which one do you have and how well does it work with latency issues, etc.?
Hi, no, not exactly, what I did was switch the Audiobox to my laptop with windows7 (all works perfect) and on Linux I'm using a usb mixer and the Audiobox plugged into that as audio. I have 44VSL, tried a couple times to make it work with Ubuntu again with no luck. No clue why it did once but never again since the issue with the Alesis kybd, no one has ever been able to answer me on any of the forums or chats, that curse in Linux that makes this so tiresome :(
The Audiobox works fine, though I am still thinking of switching to some Focusrite interfase for the preamp quality(?).
Regarding the VI61, I got it to work through usb with FL on Ubuntu, but it is not being seen at all by StudioOne2 :/

Sorry for the late reply, hadn't signed in since I wasn't getting much feedback.
Cheers