Claudia: FAILED a2j

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

bartovan
Established Member

Claudia: FAILED a2j

Post by bartovan »

I need to start Jack from QJAckCtl with

Code: Select all

a2jmidid -e &
added to Setup > Options > Execute script after Startup, in order to make my M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 appear in Claudia. (And be able to connect it to Ardour MIDI tracks).
It shows up as "FAILED a2j" in Claudia (see screenshot), but it does work.
Am I doing something wrong? Is this something I should report in KXStudio bugs?
failed_a2j.png
failed_a2j.png (59.6 KiB) Viewed 668 times
bartovan
Established Member

Re: Claudia: FAILED a2j

Post by bartovan »

Wow, that works perfectly, thank you very much!!!

Is there a way to have Cadence do the same (launch a2j after startup)? It would make my Linux music world perfect :D instead of just very cool :)
But it seems the autostart of MIDI bridges is broken in Cadence, right?

(I must say I'm very impressed with KXStudio and other Linux music programs, I left Linux music production aside a few years ago because it was just too difficult to get it going and keep it going, but it really works fabulously well these days. A huge thumbs up for all you developers out there!)
lilith
Established Member

Re: Claudia: FAILED a2j

Post by lilith »

bartovan wrote:Wow, that works perfectly, thank you very much!!!

Is there a way to have Cadence do the same (launch a2j after startup)? It would make my Linux music world perfect :D instead of just very cool :)
But it seems the autostart of MIDI bridges is broken in Cadence, right?

(I must say I'm very impressed with KXStudio and other Linux music programs, I left Linux music production aside a few years ago because it was just too difficult to get it going and keep it going, but it really works fabulously well these days. A huge thumbs up for all you developers out there!)
Is there a way to have Cadence do the same (launch a2j after startup)?

I asked myself exactly the same question. Is there a way to do the same without having a terminal window open?
I've also seen that in Catia the ALSA Midi is tagged with "experimental". Is that new?