Any sound cards with working suspend+resume?

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jypma

Any sound cards with working suspend+resume?

Post by jypma »

I'm currently using an Edirol FA-66 Firewire sound card with the FFADO driver on Arch linux. It's working just fine, at very low latency down to 2ms. However, the FFADO driver totally craps out when I suspend my system. This even happens if I shut down jack and all clients and then suspend. I can provide logs, but a quick search shows that nobody really expects that to work, it seems...

It's a desktop computer, and I like to use it for live jamming. It'd be very useful to be able to just wake it up, run some restart scripts if necessary, and start playing. I'm willing to get a different audio interface if required.

I have two questions:
  • Is anyone using successfully doing suspend+resume with Firewire and/or the FA-66?
  • Is anyone using successfully doing suspend+resume with a different (USB) professional sound card?
Thanks for any help!
Babarosa
Established Member

Re: Any sound cards with working suspend+resume?

Post by Babarosa »

One proposal:
After doing wake-up, start "Taskmanager" program, kill ffado-mixer and restart ffado.
http://www.servimg.com/view/12842335/42

Debian 12 - MOTU M4, ESI Maya22 USB - Rosegarden, Reaper

CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply. I just quick tested my Arch box suspending it by closing the lid while jack and yoshimi where running. It resumed few minutes later without issues, jack still running, connections intact and yoshimi streaming without problems. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and I configured my system with a swapfile.
kongse

Post by kongse »

Hi, after restore from suspend just run

~$ killall ffado-mixer ffado-dbus-server&&ffado-mixer

it works with archlinux and M-audio firewire audiophile