Please, HELP with configuration JACK driver and BCD3000

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

radar155

Please, HELP with configuration JACK driver and BCD3000

Post by radar155 »

hi!!! i don't speack a very good english so i hope you will understand what i mean!!!!
i am an amatorial producer and from same day i am trying to use linux for this scope. At the moment i have only the integrated soundcard of the beringher bcd3000 controller. I was triyng to configure it with jack driver.
i'm using linux mint16.

i installed jackd2 and qjackctl (gui).

i don't find any linux driver for bcd3000 but the system can see it like and audio device (i can link system outpout to bcd3000) and like a midi devices (bcd3000 is a midi controller with an audioboard usb)

i want use the new DAW "btwig studio"..alsa drivers can see bcd3000 and i can setup the outpout to it. But i read that the best driver for producing are jack audio drivers

i can start jackd server by using gui and Btwig studio can see jack drivers. The problem is that jack driver con't see bcd3000 like and audio card but only like a midi controller. So i can't configure anything! By pressing connect , i can only link the system outpout (internal audio card) with the outpout of Btwig studio.

Can you help me???? I vould like to set up bcd3000 with 4 outpouts. (and i am a new linux user. i can use terminal, bot not so good..so if i had to use it, please explane good cause i am not so expert :D).....

ooh, another question: i have linux mint x64 mate. you think this is a good lite linux distro for producing?? you think i had to install a low latency kernel?? thank you very much!!!!!
Pablo
Established Member

Re: Please, HELP with configuration JACK driver and BCD3000

Post by Pablo »

By pressing connect , i can only link the system outpout (internal audio card) with the outpout of Btwig studio.
The crucial thing to do is telling jack to use the right audio card. In qjackctl, there is a "interface" field where you have to select the Behringer (but alas, it won't appear by its name). Once jack starts with that configuration, you should see some "system" ports in qjackctl connect and, I suppose, in bitwig.

Note that in jack terminology "system" refers to "the card jack is using" rather than "the default system card".

For a better help, please, show the terminal output of

Code: Select all

arecord -l && aplay -l
Also, there are specialized distros, like Kxtudio or AVLinux. But if you want to use Linux Mint, I suppose it will be good for now. Yes, a low latency kernel is recommend, also cpu governor ondemand is bad. Also, your user must belong to the audio group. I think these tweaks are the most important ones. For a better out of the box experience I recommend the afore mentioned distros or some other.
radar155

Post by radar155 »

thank you for your help!

arecord -l && aplay -l
returns

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: MID [HDA Intel MID], device 0: 92HD73C1X5 Analog [92HD73C1X5 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: BCD3000 [BCD3000], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: MID [HDA Intel MID], device 0: 92HD73C1X5 Analog [92HD73C1X5 Analog]
card 1: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 2: BCD3000 [BCD3000], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
if you want i have another information: i followed this guide
https://dev.bluszcz.net/music/linux/beh ... -via-jackd

i configured properly my jackd realtime feature, but when i do

jackd -d alsa -d -P hw:BCD3000 -C hw:BCD3000 -D
it returns

jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2013 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio2
creating alsa driver ... hw:BCD3000|hw:BCD3000|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
and terminal don't end.

but in this situation, qjackctl can't see bcd3000. or better, system is the internal audio card!!!

i hope that u can help me..thank you
motosega
Established Member

Post by motosega »

i have a bcd3000 and it works with no problems, you just need to choose the correct device in qjackctrl
bazsound
Established Member

Post by bazsound »

In qjack control you will want to change the interface from the default to select specifically the usb connected interface. I dont use qjackctl as running kx studio which uses cadence instead. But it should be similar, select the hardware for both input and output.

it might be something like hw:USB0 (BCD3000) or HW:USB0 (Behringer)
TheMartyJoy

Post by TheMartyJoy »

Old thread I know but just case anyone is still monitoring this, I believe the BCD3000 only supports 44.1 Khz, and it looks like you were trying to start in 48 Khz. Good Luck.