HELP!

Optimize your system for ultimate performance.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

wolfmanxci
Established Member

HELP!

Post by wolfmanxci »

Hi all, if this is the wrong place to post please direct me to the right place!

I hope somebody can help!

I am using ubuntu 13.0 with a UA25-EX USB sound card....

Mr problem is....

Under the system settings for ubuntu all sound inputs and outputs are directed to the UA25 and everything works fine....I can record the input from the device directly into audacity, I can play music back from clementine....but I am using Ardour with Jack set up and configured to use the USB device, yet Ardour is not picking anything up from the inputs on the UA25, there are no level monitor spikes when I tap the attached microphone, as far as I can tell Jack and Ardour seem to have the correct routing for sound and outputs....

I'm at a complete brick wall and rather frustrated, it probably doesn't help that I'm a complete newbie to ubuntu/linux so do not have a clue what I could be doing wrong.

Could anyone please shed some light?

Thanks!
mattt
Established Member

Re: HELP!

Post by mattt »

You do have the relevant tracks armed for recording, right?

That one bit me once when I was tired...

Cheers,
Mattt.
wolfmanxci
Established Member

Post by wolfmanxci »

mattt wrote:You do have the relevant tracks armed for recording, right?

That one bit me once when I was tired...

Cheers,
Mattt.
Yeah it has been armed, I pretty much give up at the moment, jack is running and is using the UA-25EX alright but nothing gets recorded.
tatch
Established Member

Post by tatch »

there might be problems with the usb driver in 13.10, you could try installing kxstudio 12.04/ubuntu 12.04 with kxstudio repositories and booting up a kernel that isn't 3.8 (you could run the kxstudio livecd so you don't have to wipe your hdd in case it doesn't work).
wolfmanxci
Established Member

Post by wolfmanxci »

tatch wrote:there might be problems with the usb driver in 13.10, you could try installing kxstudio 12.04/ubuntu 12.04 with kxstudio repositories and booting up a kernel that isn't 3.8 (you could run the kxstudio livecd so you don't have to wipe your hdd in case it doesn't work).
I don't particularly mind wiping the HDD to be honest, I've tried a few different versions of Linux/Ubuntu now and have had no luck with all of them using Ardour and Jack. Though I guess there is no point fresh installing if it won't work!

Bit of a frustrating scenario to be in :lol:
tatch
Established Member

Post by tatch »

Have you seen this page? (this one too)
wolfmanxci
Established Member

Post by wolfmanxci »

tatch wrote:Have you seen this page? (this one too)
No I haven't actually, thanks for pointing them out! I'll give them a shot.